RPG Archives Beads of Balance: Alignments and Common Classes

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Angel of Light, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Alignments and Common Classes

Here is detailed information on Alignments and the common classes in my D&D book since its all the reference I have. I hope this helps you.

Alignments

Lawful Good: A lawful good character acts a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

Neutral Good: A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. One who helps others according to their needs. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order/law.

Chaotic Good: A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard to what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for law and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Lawful Neutral: A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. One who follows discipline without being swayed by the demand of those in need nor by the temptations of evil. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Neutral: A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Suck a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

Chaotic Neutral: A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect other’s freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges tradition. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). Remember that chaotic neutral characters may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Make corrections in your alignment if you see you made a mistake and choose the alignment that best describes your character. Also, remember to follow it throughout the game and don’t act opposite to it.

Common Classes:

Barbarian: A ferocious warrior who uses fury and instinct to bring down foes.

Bard: A performer whose music works magic--a wanderer, a tale-teller, and a jack-of-all trades.

Cleric: A master of divine magic and a capable warrior as well.

Druid: One who draws energy from the natural world to cast divine spells and gain strange magical powers.

Fighter: A warrior with exceptional combat capability and unequaled skill with weapons.

Monk : A martial artist whose unarmed strikes hit fast and hard--a master of exotic weapons.

Paladin: A champion of justice and destroyer of evil, protected and strengthened by an array of divine powers.

Ranger: A cunning, skilled warrior of the wilderness.

Rogue: A tricky, skillful scout and spy who wins the battle with stealth rather than brute force.

Sorcerer: A spell caster with inborn magical abilities.

Wizard: A potent spell caster schooled in the arcane arts.

I made this short cause you basically know what they do. Also, this is just for those who have no idea what class to make their char be, this doesn’t mean you can’t have other classes thats not on this list or even invented ones. Be imaginative! I hoped this helped as well.

2. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Nyo. x_o; Thanks. I was going to ask you to do this, but I sort of forgot. x_o;;

Become familiar with these, as during the game we may have to fight, like, Evil Barbarian #14 and such.