RPG Archives Beads of Balance: Important: Rules

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stardust Phox, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Rules

1. Keep your grammar and spelling in check. Typos happen, I know, I get them too, but we can all work them out together. Reread your post after it's up and edit it yourself if there's a need. Typo-correcting is... tedious. x_o

2. DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT WILL DRAMATICALLY CHANGE THE STORY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION OF EITHER DS OR MYSELF. ...had to put that in caps. Don't want it ignored. ^_^;

3. Character rivalries are accepted and encouraged (though most certainly NOT in excess -- be realistic here). However, if you start fighting with another player in an OOC thread... well, poor you is all I can say.

4. Offline events should NOT affect your character's mood. At all. If your best friend stole your girl/boyfriend and your character is in the middle of nowhere, don't have them gripe about it. That's what online journals are for. ^^;; (I should know, I have four. >D)

5. If you'll be away for some reason, try to let DS and/or me know in advance. We can move your character along without making him/her suddenly proclaim he/she is the long lost child of the Queen or something.

6. If you're gone without telling us for a week, you will be PMed. If we get no response within another week, we'll start suspecting some offline troubles. Try to find a way to let us know what's going on -- we're not here to make your life hel -- err, heck. ^^; This is about fun, yo. If you're gone for too long we might just move your character along or leave him/her somewhere by sending him/her on an errand until you get back.

7. Fight with the GMs about something and you're in SO much trouble. And so's your character, 'cuz we're the GMs and we can, like, make his/her life pretty bad...

8. Rules 3, 4, and 7 are to be known as Netiquette. Clear? Cool, yo! ^_^

9. Please, please, please don't drown the thread in posts. Really. If you really want to, wait until more goes on that you can react to happens and then post. If something doesn't happen... then you can post. ^^; Y'know? I don't think it'd be good if after a few hours off M2A you come back and see five pages of RPG... in pointless posts. x_o; Keep that in mind...

10. Any questions? Just ask us! We don't bite. We may hiss a little, but no biting. ^_~

Should any new rules come up, this post will be changed to reflect those changes.

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Why yes, it is. We're not asking you to get your dictionary and spend three hours typing up a perfect post. We just want you to make effort, as said above, typos happen. Just not too often.

If you start fighting in an OOC thread, I agree, Poor you is all that can be said. However, in the actions department, I will personally send these members each a PM and edit out the OOC immaturities.

If you think you shouldn't post due to being too angry, sad, etc. Just don't. Come back and post when you feel better, in order to avoid concequences.

If you're gone too long, I will make sure your character die of a heart attack. *Mischievous grin*. If you're away for good reasons, try to contact us, as Gata said.

Yes, we can, but we won't. If you think we made a bad decision, or anything relating to us, tell us in a PM. I will not tolerate public flaming directed to me, even less directed to Gata. The last person to have done this is Fuuma. See where he is now? Banned. That's what the first concequence is. Banned from all RPGs. It can go farther.

Members who post useless posts will be warned to take it a bit more seriously. If there are too many posts, we will instate a "x number of posts per day" rule.

Speak for yourself, Rawr. :p