Best Star Wars movie

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Apr 22, 2005.

?

Favorite Move

1. Episode 1 Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Episode 2 Clone Wars

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Episode 4 A New Hope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Episode 5 Empire Strikes Back

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Episode 6 Return Of the Jedi

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Absolutely Episode II is the best. It's story and special effects are awesome. Episode III is 'okay'. I expected a bit more. Isn't it just a 'linking' movie?. Nothing too much new, really.

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I took my entire day off, and watched Episodes I-VI. After careful consideration and such, the list came up as following:

Favourite:Star Wars Episode IV-A New Hope: It's the greatest of all time. It's the Originality of it, and it was the way Star Wars was meant to be. Also because it has the best scene of all time: battle against the Death Star!

2nd:Episode III-Revenge of the Sith
    3rd:Episode VI-Return of the Jedi
    4th:Episode II-Attack of the Clones
    5th:Episode I-The Phantom Menace
    6th:Episode V-The Empire Strikes Back

I just can't belive it's finally over *sob*. It's been great this whole time watching Star Wars, and wating for the next, and other big events that came, and are still to come. Star Wars may be over, but it's legacy will never end.

-Seishin (Good luck to all the Star Wars fans in the future, and may the Force be with you!)

3. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

its not over yet! tey are adding better special effects to 4-6 but other that that its over

My order
    1 episode 3
    2 episode 2
    3 episode 1
    4 episode 6
    5 episode 4
    6 episode 5

Know wut? i never Seen 4-6 it might of been when i was small

4. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I could have sworn the special edition DVD's were fixed enough.
    But if they want to go ahead and make more money out of Re-re-mastered movies, fine by me. I just dont see any need for new additions to the trilogy.
    (Unless its the Ben Kenobi lightsaber switch on, Episode IV. Darth Vader vs Ben Kenobi fight.)

And....after watching and re-watching Episodes I-VI (yes...even III), I've come to this conclusion as my final statement of Episodes.

1st Favourite: Episode IV: A New Hope
    2nd Favourite: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    3rd Favourite: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    4th Favourite: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    5th Favourite: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    6th Favourite: Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
    (Please keep in note that I do not think any of them sucked. Even if I put Episode II last)

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Releasing a new trilogy?That would make us people that bought the Trilogy Box for almost $60 preety mad wouldn't it?

Like you said, there's not so many changes there can be done already....

-Seishin

6. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

Still i hope they get better effects in the old 3 or Even REdecided to make 7-9 =D

BTW Kaiyon are u still in da Rurouni Kenshin RpG?

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Agreed. Empire has the best romance, action, and overall memorable moments.

The Empire is best shown in its full force, and it truly shows how it is a dark time for the Rebellion. Plus we have all that Vader choking goodness and my favorite epic scaled battle, Hoth.

Plus it was under good direction (Irvin Kershner), and a collaborated script. Sorry George Lucas, but while you may have good vision, some of your translation efforts just don't work out - stick to what you're good at, and get help with what you're not...

And finally, to quote Clerks:
    "Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father. Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. That's what life is - a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of muppets."

Baka's lineup:

1 - The Empire Strikes Back
    2 - Return of the Jedi
    3 - Revenge of the Sith
    4 - A New Hope
    5 - The Phantom Menace
    6 - Attack of the Clones

8. Orion

Orion Gears

Epsiode 3 is best IMO. I liked all the Star Wars movies, but Episode III was just awesome!

There is now way they would release a new trilogy. Like you said, so many people would be upset who bought the Trilogy Box set. It just won't be done!

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I must also agree on that part. Episode V contains it all.

Romance: When Han Solo is about to be frozen, Leia screams out "I love you!", and Han Solo responds "I know". I was like omgwtf.

Action: Luke Vs. Darth Vader

A memorable Scene: (I shouldn't even have to, but...) Luke, I'm your father! :p

Nevertheless, i still stand by Episode IV. There's just something about it i love more than V, even though V plays the Imperial March for about 3/4 of the movie.

-Seishin