Art biggest flaws in drawing anime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sachiko, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I think my other one would have to be expressions. Since my people always look the same.:(

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I never could get the porportion of the head to its normal size to the body. Look at Miia the witch her head is bigger then her body ::sniff:: I have the same flaw for all the drawing Ive done!!
    :sad:

3. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

Im an animator and can offer a guideline that should help you people with drawing humans and humanoid mechs, Its generally the guideline all animators have to use when drawing characters.

4. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

K hope this helps with your posing problems and problems with faces facing different directions. Il send it in my next post.

5. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

Here it is

Attached Files:

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

NOT everything has to be a science while drawing...
    it's up to artist taste...

EXAMPLE: i like to draw "freehand", or as I say in spanish "ALGARETE" which mine something like "whatever"

the most important skill you need to develope is criticize your own work, with the most important question. DOES IT LOOK RIGHT?

7. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

well no not everything has to be science in art but for good art yes! its always a good idea to do a gesture or structure drawing before drawing a characters pose. That way you know the pose and proportion looks right and can trace over it.

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's mainly like he said, a guidline, you should aim to have things pretty close to that. even an untrained eye can tell when something isn't set up right, getting it close will dissapate that "there's something up with this" feeling when looking at the drawing.

9. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

someone tell me if this happens to you...
    i draw something, but i have this thing where i cannot look at the picture and determine whether it has flaws are not. i need to put it down for 2 hours, even 2 DAYS then look at it and see if has anything wrong with it. argh.
    i used to have trouble with hands, but im gradually getting over that. i cant get the shape or the face right sometimes. it gets a crooked and stuff, which makes me mad, because i can never EVER get it right like i used to! *ruffles hair* i cant draw feet now anymore. now its all big and stuff. AHGGG>MJAGB>DMGA<JGA<>DJGA:UDY:IABNQAENB annoying. blayh. annoying. gah gah gah. WAAHHHH!! *cries* whatever.
    :dizzy2:

10. aozora

aozora New Member

Yes i believe thats a problem a lot of people have... i usually just have to look at some other pics first though. i usually find things like the chin being too short, o the nose being too big. only trivial things really.

My problems? well i havent been drawing for as long as you guys, but from what ive tried, i HATE clothing folds (especially on legs), feet, and any sort of pose from behind (its impossible to draw the back of the head without making it look stupid!) :( lol

11. flamehed

flamehed New Member

I have a really bad problem with clothes and hair. I always end up with the clothes all stiff and the hair to small and out of proportion for the head.........

12. aozora

aozora New Member

hm... i think i have the opposite problem!

i drew a girl sitting cross legged, and her hair is so big it looks like shes sitting in a tent :p

i think i go too wild when i draw hair..

13. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

ha ha! a tent, eh? *cocks head* huh. wow. thats really...interesting. but, i cant draw people sitting cross-legged too often. once in a blue moon, actually. *sighs....*

14. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Hands are quite a problem because its complexity. I also have problems with expressions. All faces become equal :sweat:

15. keence

keence New Member

I know what you mean about the hair I always seem to get it wronge.
    And the bodies, one thing out of porportion and its all messed up.

16. kinzoku

kinzoku Guest

Wow, a lot of you guys have problems with hands, huh?

Well, the one thing I've always been told about drawing hands is to use straight lines. Curved lines always make hands look chubby. Use straight lines, and remember that girls' hands are long and slim, and guys' hands are shorter but much chunkier...

I dunno if that was any help to anyone, but remembering that usually works for me. :D

My own weaknesses are all to do with originality... I can never come up with decent poses, clothing, or hairdos. :(

17. Sol

Sol New Member

My flaws in drawing anime:
    1.) Sometimes I make the head look odd in its view.

2.) My old drawings had bodies where they appear to be crooked . . . .

3.) I overdo things sometimes ^_^;;

4.) Don't really do any other poses besides standing up straight.

5.) THE HANDS. . . those hands! Most of the time I end up erasing them countless times trying to make them look perfect compared to the rest of the arm. m(-_-)m