Music Contests and Games BJP Idol (songs due by June 30th)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Engel, May 28, 2005.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

The time has finally come! It is time for all participants to turn in their samples for the whole public to view and speak ill or highly of.

Let's get the ball rolling!

Welcome to the BJP Idol, which will be held yearly for the eager participants on BJP, ready and fired up to start showing the general public what they can do with their voices. We have many talented members here at BJP and in honor of those talented people, BJP Idol has been created by Sakuma-san on May 16, 2006.

BJP Idol consists of rounds that go accordingly to how many participants are available each year. The participants will first turn in a sample, provided by their own software, and server, that will be around 1.5 to 3.0 minutes. Those that are over the limit of three minutes will have to notify Sakuma-san or any of the BJP staff members or judges (which will be decide on later on in the future when needed). The staff/judges will then decide on whether to keep the sample or not.

BJP Idol will have its own Livejournal, which will be located here: BJP IDOL (LJ) Members who are interested in helping and/or participating with the activities within the BJP Idol, are advised to join this community on Livejournal.com. BJP Idol's Livejournal will be updated accordingly to Sakuma-san's questioning with the staff/judges and whatnot. Also, if you would like to be kept updating on the winners and whatnot, you may also join as well. (Really, anyone can.)

The rules for the contest(s) are rather simple.

All participants are expected to cooperate accordingly and not be distruptive about the work of your peers and rivals. Keep that to yourself or you WILL be removed from the contest. You may come back the next following year if you so choose.

All particpants are expected to answer any e-mails sent by Sakuma-san or any of the staff member(s)/judge(s).

All participants are expected to give credit to the composer/singer/songwritter/etc of the song that they so have chosen, OR give credit to the composer/singer/songwritter/software used/etc for the songs that they have made.

All participants must acknowledge the precense of the younger generations and be advised to NOTIFY us BEFOREHAND about any profanity or suggested themes within their songs/lyrics.

All participants are expected to hand in the following information to Sakuma-san either through PM or E-mail OR the BJP Idol Livejournal:

1.) Lyrics to your song
    2.) Credits given to the composer/singer/songwritter/etc,etc
    3.) How long the song is in general
    4.) Also...(**are optional)

Name
    Genre
    Reason why you picked it
    **Rate yourself for fun (1-5; 1 being badly done and so forth)

1 person likes this.
  2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Welcome all, I'm looking forward to hear your entries. If you have any questions on how to submit entries and so on go to the Rules and FAQ sticky in this forum.

3. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

I was wondering if you needed any help with judging or with musical reference or anything, because i have a background in music and music theory and plan to major in music at my college... I also have my sister (who is currently working on a degree in musical education) around to help with any questions....

4. Engel

Engel New Member

The answer to that is yes.

5. Engel

Engel New Member

Hey Hiro. Sorry I didn't answer your post earlier within the month. I guess I completely missed it for some reason. But anyway, we can have you stick around and plug in your theories, help answer some questions about music and whatnot. I know I will probably have a few. I'm not the complete expert on music. ^_^ I'll keep you in my thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  6. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

I'm looking forward to hear all of your guys entries. But who's going to Simon Callow!?! lol

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Well there's 2 more days for this thing and no entries yet, don't make me post some crazy thing and win by default ;)

Exams are to blame really.. We'll try this again at a later time. But, if there are still some willing to submit a song feel free to, and put up the link to the file in this thread. Or e-mail it to me at xeno@densetsunokenshi.net and I'll put it up for you and the show will go on.

8. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Ooh, this has the potential to provide some serious summer entertainment (to contrast with my routinely dull summer *sighs woefully*), and I'd love to enter, but alas, I am utterly computer illiterate, so naturally I don't have the slightest inkling of an idea regarding how to go about uploading files and the like. I'm not even sure if my computer has a microphone....

If I ever get off my duff and remedy my ignorance (though it's unlikely due to the two-day time window), I'll be sure to enter ^_^.