"Blah mode".

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 16, 2004.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I knew the well-rested me was too good to last. Between this, that, and the other thing (work, traveling home last weekend for Thanksgiving), I just don't have the motivation to do anything when I've got time off. I think it may be related to how little free time I have now as opposed to how much I had when I was younger (say, even three years ago).

Those were the days where come 4 o' clock I'd be dashing home from school, free as could be. Fast-forward to today, where that 4 has become closer to 6, and I've already shaved off 2 hours a day. And then summer. Three entire months where I had so much free time to myself that I had trouble finding things to do - the inset of boredom. Looking back at it now, it was quite a waste, and it's hard to contemplate that sensation of being bored anymore (unless I'm roped into watching one of those turtle paced movies where nothing really happens and you hit the end of the movie wondering what the whole point even was).

Those days were the ones that I'd spend the entire weekend on eating, sleeping, and mindlessly bashing buttons on the ol' Nintendo console. Growing up sucks - I think Peter Pan fingered this fairly well.

And thus I find even my creativity stifled somewhat. I used to dream up games to program on my off-hours. I used to sit down and sketch out (very poorly) comics for fun, or write ongoing novels for the fun of it. I had the drive to CREATE. But now I get home and find it hard to sit down and do all that stuff I used to do. It feels like work, if that makes sense. Things I used to find fun have become chores...in a mood I call "Blah mode".

Weekend is here. Time to try and motivate myself before it's again wasted on me. ^^

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Re:

anything wonderful happen in your life?