Square Enix Blitzball

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, May 10, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Well, I saw that a lot of people were asking for suggestions on how to better their blitzing, so I thought I'd start up a little thread for us all to trade suggestions.

First of all (and most importantly), I recommend switching your control to manual.
    Secondly, you need good players. I could tell you where to get two of my better players, but that would spoil the game a bit.
    Third, I recommend that you consistently use the same players, and remember that they only get experience if they actually do something during that half.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

good advice...play alot! practice never hurts. then, when you replay, you can win that cup in your first game...lol and that's a hard game to play cause your team really sucks...get the jecht shot early!! when you have the op to, save and try until you get it.
    just play lots of games, winning is a good goals, but to get the practice os good. do the exhibition to get skills. jumal is a great starting goaly. he's in luca by the cafe. he's on a bench with a girl running in front of him.
    i have tidus, jumal, zev ronso, zalitz, shuu, wedge playing all the time. i just let a couple go on my second game. my main game has tidus, wakka, rin, jumal, zalitz, the shop girl from the calm lands...she's al bhed, wedge, zev ronso. they all fit my play style. i like speed and distance. and heavy defense. best formation i think is all-out defense. ESPECIALLY when your goaly gets put to sleep.
    that's my 2 cents....or 3.50....lol

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

On my team, my best player is Svanda. You get her (?) at the bottom of the gorge in the Calm Lands.
    By the way, a star blitzer friend of mine told me that if you train him enough, Keepa becomes the most skilled goalie in the game.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yeah, i know he does...only reason i have the guide to this game, is for the player stats. lol and where to find them. most useful thing out there for it. tho, i do find that the stats should fit how you plan to abuse them. like shuu, not the best in defense(i have her as right defense), but she's fast and normally gets off the special moves. she likes to knock ppl out or poison them alot. and she can pass, so she makes up for poor blocking with speed to getting the attempt in, and by getting the ball in other ways and getting it to someone who can score. she has a pretty good pass for where i have her and her lvl and all...tho biggs is useless...had him for a bit...not worth it. wedge is good defense(he's lvl 10 or so, and has 21 block! which is good...i don't play too oft, so lvls not too high...but i've only lost 2 times. between games on the memory card.)

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

holy cow! I don't have a manual so I must have zoned out in the tutorial if it tild me I could acquire players! I think I remember now, but I thought they were just people to play against!

thanks a lot you guys for telling me. I press square right? or just start talking to people and the ones who would join, join?

6. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i think the best shot is (jacketshot) am i right.

it's powerful shout he learn it in the big boat when the are travling<i think that shot is his father shot>.

when u do that shot i think like that 98% is goal.

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I wasn't able to pull off the 'JechtShot' but I didnt know I needed it for a blitzball game.. baka me...

8. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Just go on that boat again later ... you can get try again until you get it.
    I hear there's a "Jecht Shot 2" that you can win in tournaments ... never got it, though. My sister said she saw it once.

As for the Blitzball tutorial, it's completely in-game, and yes, it is <square> if "scout" a player. Your ability to scout increases as you win more games ... at the MAX level, you can see all their stats, who they play for, their salary, how long their contract is for, all their techniques, which techs they have equipped, and their key techniques.

Presently, here's my Blitzball team:

LF - Tidus - Star player of the Zanarkand Abes, now the star player of the Besaid Aurochs. He has the best shooting in my league, plus his Sphere Shot and Jecht shot make him a great plaer. He has above-average speed, but his AT and BL could certainly use a bit of work.

RF - Svanda - Found atop the Calm Lands gorge, this young woman is my best player, all around. High EN, AT, BL, SH and PA make her amazing. She often rivals Tidus as my top scorer.

CF - Linna - I found this young Al Bhed complaining she was hungry outside Macalania Temple. I offered her a job and a way to fill her stomach ;). She's a good shooter with some nice passing too, plus she has a penchant for putting players to sleep, particularly with Nap Shot 3, which she had when I found her at level 1 (too bad she couldn't even use it when she got to level 3 because her HP was too low).

LD - Brother - My fastest player, I found this guy piloting the airship. He has pretty good PA and SH, but his AT could definitely use some work.

RD - Naida - My third Al Bhed player, I snatched up this one from the Calm Lands after her contract with another team expired. She has a high AT and a whole lot of tackle techniques.

Goalie - Miyu - Not as good as my Keepa, but I got tired of having an overweight guy in yellow overalls blocking shots.

On the sidelines: Keepa, Wakka. I never let Wakka go, even though I hardly ever use him since I got the faster Brother and Naida. Keepa I use mostly against the Al Bhed Psyches, the only team that can even touch me. I need a better goalie than my low-level Miyu for games like that.

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

my bf says he's seen the jecht shot 2 also...couldn't get it tho...

10. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Tidus probably has to be a really high level to get it or something. Mine's 30-something, but I've never seen it. I should ask this guy I know with level 99's across the board.

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

how do you get Wakka back on your team? I don't have him. cuz I thought he retired..lol.

anyways, I better play and win if I'm going to get Wakka's World Champion weapon.

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

once you get the airship, you can enlist him...

i think his tidus level was arounf the 70's for the shot...

13. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You can actually get Wakka back before you even get the airship. In that one part before the "wedding scene" when you are on the airship approaching the Bevelle Highbridge, you can scout Wakka from the airship bridge. That's where my sister got him. Wakka's her favourite player.

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ahh...ok...lol i don't use him anyways tho...so, that is nice to know...*^-^*

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm having a tough time kicking players off when enlisting new ones cuz I don't rememebr what their levels are. I may get rid of Zev Ronso and get Wakka on my team though. lol. I really suck at blitz. haven't won a game yet and just got a shot in last time I played! lol.. but that was my 5th game playing anyways.