Boomerang Schedule

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

2. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

:eek: On my birthday? WHOO! I just might be able to get someone to tape it for me too! *prays* This is so exciting. Oh I hope it works out!

....they must give it to me...for my birthday...my prrrecioussss....

^_^ BOTP ROCKS!

I can barely contain my excitement. I'd jump up and down, but the people on the floor below me would probably lynch me. Drat. I CAN'T WAIT!

Elvin *squee!*

3. jason71

jason71 New Member

Hi, I'm new to the boards. I've been a BOTP fan since I first saw it back in 78.
    I'm happy the Boomerang channel is finally showing it. Took them long enough :anime: one thing that concerns me though is the fact that when Boomerang runs marathons they often repeat the same episodes in the marathon during the day. What I'm getting at is that I think they are only going to show the episdoes that are already out on the DVDs.
    I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid that's what's going to happen. I'll be even more pleased when I see BOTP on a regular Schedule on Boomerang.

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Welcome!!!

Welcome, Jason! It's good to have you on board! How's the G-2 holding up?

You make an interesting point. I never even thought that the only episodes they'll show are the ones currently on DVD. My gut feeling this is not going to happen, but who knows? Although I would be disappointed, it will still be good to see Battle of the Planets on TV again.

If you have TiVo, you can use the Guide to go ahead two weeks to see programming. I did this last night, and sure enough, Battle of the Planets is listed on Sunday the 25 starting at 8:00 AM. This is the first time I've seen the show listed on any kind of guide in 20 years. Fantastic!

One thing though about Boomerang that really annoys me: they start and end their shows at crazy times, sometimes even before the scheduled time. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to TiVo the Superfriends only to get half episodes here and there. Both their website and TiVo (which would pick up on this if Bommerang reported the correct times) list shows starting and ending on the 1/2 hour, but that is almost never the case. The thing is, Boomerang has no paid commercials. So, a 30 minute show is only on for about 20 minutes. Sometimes they use a filler for that extra 10 minutes, and other times they'll star the show that is listed to start on the 1/2 hour. Almost every time I have it set up to TiVo the Superfriends, the show has already started. Yesterday, the 11:00 show ENDED at 11:05. I cannot get an answer from them as to why this is.

So anyway, mayby Boomerang is going to show more than 48 episodes if they continue this practice.

Mark

5. The White Swan

The White Swan New Member

Hello Everyone!

I am also eagerly awaiting the Marathon. I upgraded my Digital Cable package in order to receive the Boomerang Channel. The only thing I have left to do is clear out my DVR's hard drive. I will then have 40 hours of recording time! Not that I need all of it, but I will be on vacation during that time!

Anyway...on to the important stuff:

Boomerang will be airing the first 16 episodes during the Marathon. The remaining 69 episodes will air during 3 time slots on Sundays starting on May 2nd. All episodes have remastered sound, music, and color.

Also,
    From animatedbliss.com

Happy Watching!!!

TWS

6. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

<Yawns> Wake me up when it happens...

7. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Thanks for the GREAT information, White Swan! I can't wait!!! :)

Mark