BotP Trailer Ad.. How do I..

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Veronika, May 7, 2001.

1. Veronika

Veronika Guest

Somebody help please! I downloaded Windows Media Player, then DivX Player to my nice little iMac. Then I downloaded the file provided by this site (very nice by the way), and... the DivX program could not open the .avi file.

Can somebody help me? I would love to see that trailer! [​IMG]

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards
    Veronika

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately my Mac experience is VERY limited but let's see if we can get this to work. Was the DivX player seperate from the Windows Media Player?

Is this the one you got?

http://mac.divx.st/download/

Did you get Media Player 6.3?

3. Veronika

Veronika Guest

Hi there

Thanks for the reply. And the answer everything is "yes". [​IMG]

I have downloaded the Media Player 6.3, for DivX player I used the site you mentioned, and yes, the two players were separate.

Help?? [​IMG]

Thanks a bunch!

Best
    Veronika

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm afraid I don't know.

If you can hear the audio without being able to see the video it may be that the DivX codec is not properly installed...

John.
    --

5. Jonz

Jonz Guest

OK theres something usefull.

I had same problem here (like some file are playing only with sound) and since Media Player originaly dont support DivX codec, I had to install codecs somehow. I had to download codec support in some sites (like www.pcworld.com). Do some researches about codec install. for Windows users, once codec is installed, it should be displayed in Codec Video Compressions in Multimedia (located in control panel ). Restart if needed and video should display once installed.

Hope this help

------------------
    A Giant.... MuMMy !!

6. Veronika

Veronika Guest

Hi there

Thanks for all the help.. but I'm afraid I didn't get it to work.

The site mentioned is for Windows (I have an iMac), and the problem is not that only sound and/or picture is showing, but that I cannot open the file. When I chose "Open" in the player, I am not given the file as a choice to open. *sigh*

Oh well.. thanks anyway. Of course, if anybody still has a great idea, I'd love to hear it. [​IMG]

Kind regards
    Veronika