Recreation "Bouncy" Symbolism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Oct 11, 2001.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

A little Bouncer ramblings here.
    It occurred to me today that Dauragon C. Mikado, the game's main villain, bears many tattoos on his back, and all of these are of a big orange dragon. It then occurred to me that his name sounds like the Japanified word taken to mean "dragon" (see Slayers for details, or We Gotta Power from DBZ). Finally, I realized that dragons are, in many cultures, a symbol of power. This led me to the theory that these tattoos are therefore symbolic of the fact that they are only visible when Mikado is in his final, and most powerful, form. I couldn't help but wonder if this was symbolic of the speech he gives prior to the final battle, in which he declares his belief that mankind's ultimate desire is to be dominated by absolute power.
    What do you think?

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Sounds good. Seems like a typical power freak to me [​IMG]

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

All Mwuhahahaha and stuff.

------------------
    Some Trucks say:
    ~If you are reading this you are too close~
    Aren't they mean?(Ok so I couldn't think up a good signature)

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] **spoiler alert** [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    THIS REPLY CONTAINS SUM SPOILERS

WOW! I never thought of it this way! Squaresoft is the best when it comes to making a connection to a characters personality and appearence! hehe ^^;

The catuar, Volt's symbol, can foreshadow that he cannot escape from his past with Mikado...

The Dog is a symbol of loyalty, and ofcourse our hero Sion wears Dog Street fashion. He was also loyal to Dominique even though

she was a robot...

hehe ^^;
    -sorry :O
    baka skuld

[This message has been edited by Skuld (edited 11-19-2001).]

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Yeah, but he didn't know she was a robot until later, and after the way he found out, I'd be kind of afraid not to be loyal to her (android martial artist teenage girls are pretty scary, you know).
    As for the "No Escape" thing, that could just as well have been because there is no escape from the mighty Volt once he gets going. "This isn't your lucky day, punks!"
    I'm loving this discussion, though. Let's keep the ball rolling, so to speak.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

How about Echinda... Her hair style might symbolize the devil heheh (jk)

Kaldea and the pather. She is a mysterious woman, a dark woman if you ask a fortune teller. She hold many secrets, and most of the time she hides and then suddenly appears out of nowhere to fight... Aren't these similar to the characteristics or a panther? A panther is dark, when it wants to prey on shomething it hides and waits, then suddenly it attacks...
    ___
    *light bulb* oi I suddenly relized that FF8 has a lot of symbolism. maybe I should start a thread.. hehe...

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Right on, on both accounts!
    As for Echidna, a little Bouncer site I saw somewhere (and was amazed to find that there's more than 3 out there [​IMG]) told me that the word echidna is derived from Greek or something, meaning some kind of snake or devil. I don't know how that turned into the spikey marsupial from Australia though ... Anyways, the spiney echidna's protective qualities seem to lend themselves to Echidna's spikey hairstyle. Coincidence? Not likely!

------------------
    DAMN IT! I'VE CHANGED AGAIN!