Boxed Set Discussion

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Boxed Set To Be Released September 9!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!! Here is the information. I can't wait for the interviews and comentary!

Battle of the Planets Ultimate DVD Box Set (D) (4 disc set)
    Planet Spectra's evil leaders have targeted Earth along with all of the members of the Federation of Peaceful Planets. Their goal? Nothing short of enslaving these planets and capturing all of their natural resources for their own dying world! The Luminous One and Zoltar will stop at nothing to cause as much fear and destruction as possible. Fortunately for the galaxy, G-Force is ready for them - Mark, Jason, Princess, Keyop, and Tiny are on duty to protect everyone from hostile enemy invasion attempts! This team of five powerful youngsters is the primary force on hand to stop Spectra and its allies.

12 completely UNCUT and UNEDITED episodes on 4 discs!

DVD Features: Exclusive interviews with Casey Kasem - Janet Waldo - and Ronnie Schell, Commentaries by Janet Waldo and Casey Kasem, Memorabilia gallery, Promotional trailers, and animated menus.

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

One version of the boxed set will retail for $59.95. Another version will retail for $69.95, and will contain a Jason action figure. There will only be 15,000 of this action figure available. A picture of this version can be seen at:

Boxed Set with Jason action figure

3. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

So this will be the first 12 episodes. That means we can look forward to more box sets to complete the collection????

Vic

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

From what I understand, these will be Episodes 13-24...three episodes on each of the four DVDs.

5. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I wonder if that civillian Jason figure will be available separately?

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

They will need five more boxed sets similar to this one to get all 85 episodes released, so I would think they would use different characters for those...with the last one being either Anderson or Zark.

Mark

7. Meridian

Meridian New Member

I can think of lots of things to do with a Zark action figure... :D He'd be the most collectible figure of the lot in the end because intact ones would be so rare...

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I'd like to see a Zark/Rover dual release myself. I think these characters, although dorky in the original series, help create the backbone of what "Battle of the Planets" is. They did release Zark and Rover figures in France in the early 80s. Funny that foreign contries had more merchandise at the time for the show than the United States.

9. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

is the box digital remastered with better picture quailty

i am so happy that the battle of the planet box set is coming out but how is the color quailty has everything episode been remastered i hope so because i no they had to add more color to series to make it look as clear as possible

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I really don't know, sorry.

Mark

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

info on the battle box set from consumer services

i was exploring the net and i stumlbed across some information and pluse a couple of emails about the battle of the planets box
    this is what the messgaes said

Hello Phillip

We assume that anything that is remastered is very clear and sharp. Something that is new will be better than what they had before but we do not have any information stating that. Please visit our website http://www.rightstuf.com for our latest anime news and release updates.

Have a great day!

Hello,

They have not been redrawn with today's animation techniques, they have been remastered to restore them as closely as possible to the artist's original work.

Hello,

When the series was originally imported to the United States, it was on magnetic tape media, which degrades over time. The episodes have been digitally remastered with a computer to restore them to their original quality. The intent was not to re-make the series, but simply to rescue it from the ravages of time. It has been restored as closely as possible to the artists original vision, and is now of the very same quality it was when it originally aired..

I would also like to clarify one of my earlier statements: Every episode we carry has been remastered, but we do NOT have all 85 episodes of the series. At this time, only 12 episodes have been remastered, and are available in a limited edition boxed set, or on 6 individual volumes with two episodes apiece. Rhino will closely monitor the demand for these items, and if they deem it profitable, will remaster and release the series in its entirety.

I'm afraid that this is all the information I have regarding this product, any further questions can be directed to Rhino themselves at drrhino@rhino.com.

sice i had received these email i thought i pass them along later

12. Meridian

Meridian New Member

Re: info on the battle box set from consumer services

This is so confusing! This seems to say that the box set will contain the same 12 episodes already released instead of the next 12. But Jason Hofius (who works for Sandy Frank too) said quite clearly before that it will be the next 12... There hasn't been a box set put out already, has there?

13. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Meridian,

No, this will be the first boxed set, and this is all very confusing to me as well. I was under the impression that this boxed set would be Episodes 13-24. If this is simply a re-release of Episodes 1-12, I'm going to be very disappointed. The only reason I would buy it is for the commentary by Casey Kasem and Janet Waldo, and probably sell my six volumes on eBay or something.

How does one get hold of Jason Hofius?

Mark

P.S. BTW, I have merged the two boxed set discussions so we can talk about it in one place.

14. Meridian

Meridian New Member

There's an email address on this page here which I think should get through to Jason. I couldn't see any mention of the box set yet on Rhino's website. The contents of this box set really ought to be clear by now because it's due out in 3 weeks or so.

15. Meridian

Meridian New Member

OK, this is what Jason Hofius has posted on the BOTP ML

16. BubTheZombie

BubTheZombie New Member

OK, Rhino's site makes it official. The box set will include the NEXT 12 episodes. Just an FYI for those who don't know. This link will take you directly to the box set page on Rhino's site:

http://www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=970141

Ah, but to clarify one little detail naturally leads to murkiness on another. It looks as though Rhino has pushed back the release of the box sets by a couple of weeks. While some sites (like DVDplanet.com still have a 9/9 release date, Rhino has the box sets posted for release on 9/23 (this is verified on their 'Upcoming Releases' page). What's a couple more weeks for something that we've been waiting only 18 months for?

Enjoy, folks.

Matty