Current Affairs Boy stabbed to death for not handing over MP3 player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superfly, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=24&story_id=29301

This is sad, so sad..
    And it brought up some harsh traumatizing feelings inside me from 2 years ago, where some snotty 15-year old punk threw me off my bike and threatened me with a butterfly knife (which is illegal possession, in Belgium), and also wanted my MP3.

As our local cleric Cardinal Daneels said : "What kind of world do we live in, where a human life has the value of an MP3 player?"

:(

2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Apparently down here in Florida, life is worth a crappy cellphone, not an mp3. One of my classmates got killed over a cellphone.

Sadly enough, his last words to his mother were "Mom, im gonna die, aint i?"

I think to some people, other people are losing value. I wonder if its ever gonna stop being like this....just wonder.

- Nameless

3. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Here in Ireland i think life has lost even more value, about a week or two ago a man was killed for his bar stool.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

And then you get situations like the bus beating of Stefan Conley where I live, and probably two or three other killings in the area that were done by teenagers. You know, when the kids who killed Mr. Conley got bail, they were smirking and grinning, and one of them was blowing kisses to a girl in the courtroom.

Now, kids in Strathcona County are fighting against the (very very lenient) curfew they had put against them?

Here's some advice: If you don't want a curfew, stop proving to us that kids = criminals.

6. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

It's truly a sad thing, that it is. The unfortunate part is that some people are killed for even less than a bar stool. I hate to say it but it seems much of human kind has lost its values. Too true, too true, too true.

7. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

My good friends, I do not wish to sound harsh or offend anyone with this post so..uh ya. Anyways, this is indeed sad, but what is moping around here going to about it. The only way for these things to stop is for people to get off there lazy butts, toughen up and learn how to fight! 500 years ago, men could fight when neaded, there were no winey teenagers, for by the time of 15, they were considered men. People were attacked just like today, but men were able to defend themselves when needed. So now lets look at today, no one can really fight anymore, and there all caught up in "Violence is not the way, talk out your problems". Well, if a man is going to be mugged, is he going to sit there and go "Well um...Mister, lets talk about this sir. BAM, man is shot, money taken, and the criminal gets away. Now, if the man was to be Violent, fight back with all he has, he stands a chance of living, he may die, but he still fought! If our contry gets attacked in about 15 or 20 years from now (Which I am sure it will) America will fall, because there are no men, simply a bunch of peace loving people who hate violence and will not fight back. The people are split up into 3 groups, Sheep, Sheep dogs, and wolves.

The Sheep are our normal citizens. They live a normal life, and they hate conflict with one another.They fear the wolf more than anything, and hate and criticize the Sheep dog.

Now, the sheep dog is our people who can fight, our army, made up of goverment soldiers and the free people. The sheep dog looks very much like the wolf, he has fangs, claws, and all the same looks. The difference is, he is there to protect the sheep. The sheep hate him for how violent he is, but love him when the wolf shows up, for he fights to protect them. The sheep dog is not always violent however, only when the time arises when he has to fight. There are the young sheep dogs, and the old sheep dogs. The young, yearning and wanting battle and war. The old, hoping it will not come, and wish not to see war again, yet when the time arises, they, with the young march of to war.

Now the wolf, he is evil to his core, he wants to kill all the sheep, rape pillage and plunder and destroy everything. And when ever they show up, the Sheep dog is always there to stop them.

So all here who hates violence, and thinks no one should carry a weapon....step outside and go "BAAAAAH"

I do not beleive I explained this right, but it is all true. I am not saying to be violent all the time and at everything, I am saying violence is not bad, and when things like these happen, one must become violent, one must fight if he wants to live to see tomorrow. These people probally would still be alive if they had fought back. I am sorry if I offended anyone. And I am also sorry for going WAY off the subject lol.

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Samurai Me, I will point out one thing. It isn't like this kid is fighting over food to live. The kid had a piece of metal that plays music.

This is SAD, pathetic, and a horrible way to die.

I believe we all will starve to death. That is why americans are getting fat they will hibernate. ;)

9. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Well, I don't think the Belgian boy expected to be stabbed. Even if someone's got a knife, if they yell at you to hand over your belongings, the reflex is to say "No!" He probably thought the guys were bluffing, or that he wouldn't die if they tried to attack him.

Generally in civilized countries, it is consider uncouth and ridiculous to run about brandishing weapons. There are governments, laws, and police systems to lower the need for self-defense. I can probably safely assume that most of us would freeze up with surprise if someone pulled a gun or knife on us. I'm not saying that if someone attempted to rape me, that I wouldn't try to fight them off, but that I'm not gonna go around with a gun waiting for them.

10. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

I doubt he even got threatened by the knife. Note, his friend was sitting next to him.
    If I understand correctly (following the news over local television here), the two thieves first started a lousy conversation with the two boys. Then one of them wanted the boy to hand over the MP3. The boy refused. Then the culprit did not just take his knife and threatened the boy to stab him.
    He took out his knife, and stabbed immediately.

There's a rage burning inside me and it receives more explosive fuels every day.. :mad:

11. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Samurai Me, I've seen that post beofre in my Martial Arts forum so I know where you're coming from. You may think me a sheep, but that's your perogative. I hate violence. Every fiber inside this body hates it. I hate yelling, fights, and violence. However....this does not mean I choose not to fight. If I feel threatened or the situation arises, I will fight to either I'm dead, or they are. I'm sorry, I got on a tangent. This boy was in a situation where he really could not fight. The knife was pulled out on him and then inside him in the same moment. This is a sad state of afairs, that it truly is.

12. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

War only equals more war. If you can solve a problem then there is no problem to face anymore. War only equals more problems. It is like a big bully of the school yard.. yeah someone will win.. but with war or hate it can never be sovled by making someone cower down. .... Okay just wanted to add that. lol

It is very sad when peoples lifes have no more value than a bar stool or an mp3 player. I am almost speechless to this. Can a want be so needed that your risking your own life and taking anothers away just to have it when there are so many more simple solutions. .... .. .

13. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I do not think you a sheep Hitohiro, but simply put it in perspective lol. Actually that came from a letter sent to a teacher who refused to honor a WW II hero because he killed people and she thought honoring someone who kills was a horrible person to honor. And Kayasha, war may equal more war, but without war and warriors there would be no peace at all. War is why america enjoys so much peace today. But trust me when I say this it will be taken away from us.

14. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

sorry if this is off subjest

samurai me if there are people who will fight, peace will not be taken away from us

I prob stated this before or others have but people wont care if they have to kill someone for a item its sad they are more concerend with a item them another persons life

15. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

lol Thats the problem man, this upcoming generation is being taught not to fight, but to talk out there problems, which means no one to defend america! But off this subject, and on to the main one yep yep^^. They are not concerned with the person because most of the time they are drug attics who need money to pay for there drugs, but the idiots don't have money to pay for there drugs so they decide to kill someone and take there money or somthing they have to sell to pay for there drugs. Drugs make people paranoid, not themselves. My brother did drugs and he.....was not the same person. This is 99% of the time the reason people do these kind of things. Either that or there insane.

16. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

We people as most like to put it are like animals and this just seems to prove it. When you threaten someone for something that's value is only 150$ or 200$ and thier life is worth that much to you then thats how you see it. People on how they grow up and thier influences in life and their experiences can affect how they think and what they want. Evidentally the boy wanted to keep his MP3 player yet didn't know his life was going to be ended for it by some rabid piece over the counter degenerate punk.

No as we all think we don't take into consideration that this day is going to be our last and be ended by something great or something so small. We think that values can hold a person togethor and not resort to voilence but it can't for some of those people. I speak as I can see some of these take place in my school. Respect, Trust and so on are diminishing entirly from our school's. The music we listen to influences us and our way of thinking and it's declined as well. If we take a look everything has been going downhill for a individual, but for a so called society full of people it's gotten better. People are panicy whining and dangerous. A individual is something completely different and as society progresses so does a individual deterate.

17. Superfly

Superfly Active Member