Recreation Brown Outs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ak1t0, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

:dizzy2: The power goes out. The power goes on. The power goes out. :dizzy2: For the last 30 minutes. I lost all my work. I lost my playlists again. I'm really getting upset with this college. Why is it so hard to provide a college campus with a steady amount of power? Hell, they have their own powerplant. Its 50 paces from my dorm. I walk past it everyday. I just don't understand it. Anyway, sorry to make you all read my anger, but if I didn't do this I would probably have broken something. Please post your own rage here also. I mean you might as well.

2. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

It's like 90 degrees here...x.x I rather have brown outs..

3. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

If I was in your place I may have to agree with you. Heat sucks. On the other hand I lost the entire report I was working on.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm guessing Auto-Recovery didn't kick in far enough?

That's why it's important to save large projects you work on early, and often... Hope you learned a lesson from all this, Ak1t0!...;)

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Thats the only reason I liked Corel WP 8, cuz if the computer froze, the program would have at least some of my stuff saved that I could go back to. I guess I've learned to save every 5 seconds with all the video editing I've done. bloody computers can't take the heat, so they burn... anyways. brown outs really blow cuz they can permanently damage the hardrive. If your computer is going funky, blame it on the campus or rez to buy you a new computer and compensate you. I hated last summer. Chatham was having too many brown outs and it damaged my parents' computer... I got so ticked when I was working on my website (I had set up my own computer at home)(with no net connection mind you) I went downstairs and there was a brown out. I'd rather have black outs! that way my computer has a chance to recover and not get fried!!! then my HD kept on saying it was damaged and I got scared cuz I had no money to buy a new hardrive let alone a new computer!!!

k, thats my rant.

I had a stupid exam last night!! (okay not done) It was Japanese History and the lecturer, a 65 year old man was so bad at lecturing and he expected so much from us. I can't remember some of these Japanese names! Mori Aritori or Mori Takatori! if I got the name wrong I'd insult the prof! I wrote 4 booklets of BS I tell you!!! BS!!! I had to pull all my information off the net cuz it wasn't in the books what he wanted us to know!!! My notes were so bad! what he could have talked about in 5 minutes he dragged on for 2 hours!!! well, that exam is done with, one more to go this afternoon, and then my degree is over with!!!

k, thats the rest of it..

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Damage to hard drives from power outages and brownouts usually isn't too common... but yes, it can happen...

In regards to your BS, I probably would've done the same...I mean insert an extra "M" in that acronym and it fits me to a T...

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol.. I'm killing time I tell you, have an exam at 2pm.. but posting at M2A! ;)

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Power outages suck. They are the reason I have an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) If the power goes out, the battery backup kicks in, and lasts for about 3 minutes. Plenty of time to save stuff, and shut down normally, without worrying about your HD getting burned. Things got a hefty warranty too

9. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

hey my roomate has one of those things. It kept beeping during the entire blackout. It was almost like it was mocking me about the fact that my computer was shutdown.

10. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

o_O; For some reason, everytime a thunderstorm passes by (which is not to many..), I always pray for the power to go out..o.o; I dunno, Im weird. I like it when the power is out :D

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

its not good when someone is using the computer though Raimu-chan.. anyways my parents ended up getting one of those expensive backup battery brown out power bars like MO said. here in London Ontario I have not gotten one brown out yet, and all the black outs are planned and posted to let me know... lol..planned..means theres no accidents here..well, not publicly shown ones.. there are accidents here.. in the past and ready to happen.. why am I saying this stuff???

yay!! I'm done my degree~!! just have to wait to see those marks!!!!:bleed: