Computers Browser Hijacking!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Suzu, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I was running Adaware, when suddenly I found that my IE has been hijacked! HOw many people here have the same experience? How did you stop this problem?

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

http://boards.jp/forums/showthread.php?t=13709

I posted about this recently^
    I couldn't do anything about it, so I got Mozilla Firefox. It's very rare for the ads to pop up, but they do occasionally. but the web surfing is so much better and I don't get 4 blatantly obvious spyware ads all the time each link I go to. I even system restored eh.? it didnt work.. so I just don't use IE now.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

More common than you think. The best countermeasures are to run more than one "sweeper" type program that will try and block out hijacks, trojans, ads, and other types of malware similar to an Anti-virus shield.

A number of these are freeware. You can give a try with Spybot's Immunize and Webroot's SpySweeper Trial Shield, or search about.

Or try a newer browser where less security holes have been found as Seraphim did.

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Sorry about this double topic post? ^^; Please merge or close this thread. Thank you for the input ^_^

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

as has been said, use pretty much any browser other than Internet Explorer. Keep in mind that 'browsers' like Avant Browser and MyIE are just extra stuff tacked on to Internet Explorer and are vulnerable to the same things.

I love Opera myself, and Firefox is good too.