Art Buckeye Lavinia

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Sounds like a character from some shady western.. haha.

Anyways! I had no cash, and only Saturday morning to come up with a present for my sister-in-law's baby shower. She's naming her daughter Lavinia, so late late Friday night, after chaperoning a school dance, I googled images on Lavinia. Found out there was a butterfly called a Lavinia. Anyways I went nuts for 3 hours last Saturday and came up with this: Just click the close up shot for the whole thing.

[​IMG]

Acrylic on Canvas. Tell me what you think.. I kind of just went nuts and made things up.

2. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

thats really pretty! I say its a keeper! ^_^ I really like what you did with the colours in the background and how it contrasts with the butterfly which makes it really stand out. I think it puts emphasis on how special and unique the butterfly is and to me it shows that that's how you feel about the baby. I think your sister-in-law will like it :D kudos to you!!

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

thanks! It worked out really well, because I heard Friday morning that the nursery's colours were a light blue. The butterfly is mainly orange, and blue is it's complementary colour! The baby shower was Saturday at 2pm, some girl asked if there was lead int he paint.. hopefully she was joking.. I didn't spray it intentionally too..

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

it looks great ciel ^^ very very pretty
    detail in the wings is madness... most of tthe time went there eh

5. Orion

Orion Gears

Very nice, very nice indeed. I really like the use of color and how the butterfly really sticks out. Excellent job Ciel, as usual. ^_^

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

It looks very nice Ciel. They don't need to know you are low on cash. Hehe. I think presents that are made are better then anything else unless it is an anime I like. Then they must buy it or download it or etc..

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

money is the least of concerns in painting xD paint on!

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I bought a lot of paints over the summer, went a bit broke.. so why not? In a way, money can be a concern for painting, unless you have all the materials handy. I could say I wouldn't be broke if I didn't spend all that cash on canvases, paper, brushes and paints. haha! At least I don't apply the paint on too liberally, or I could lose a whole tube of one colour on one painting.

thank you for all your comments!

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

They're not over yet! :p All I can say is that WOW you're a great artist. Truly impressive, you are. I hope you save each one of your paintings, because someone's going to want to preserve them after you're gone. :p