Creative Writing Can anyone help me with a Play Script?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Mika-chan, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Okay, i'm doing an Inu-yasha play and I need help with the script.. (I also need cast members, but that's different) I'm just a little stuck, because the small group I have right now doesn't want to do it strait from the books.

~~Mika~~

2. Odin

Odin Member

Uh . . . just general help with the script?

I've read the first twelve volumes of Inu Yasha, though I don't remember much of what they tell the reader about what exactly happens when Inu-Yasha tries to steal the Shikon Jewel from Kikyo's village. Perhaps your play could extrapolate on the Inu Yasha backstory, and end with Inu Yasha being pinned to a tree by Kikyo's arrow? Perhaps this could allow you to experiment with any relationship Inu Yasha and Kikyo had before the event, up to Inu Yasha's planning to steal the jewel, and you could throw in any sort of conflict since this would be during the Muromachi period of Japan.

::shrugs::
    -Odin

3. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Hm.. that's true. I'll talk to the others 'bout it and all. see what they think... Thanks Odin! ^^

4. PrincessMononok

PrincessMononok New Member

Yeah that's a great idea on the Inu Yasha history thing. So you can just make most of it up as you go along and play around with different ideas on how Inu Yasha and Kikyo's relationship was and how Inu Yasha decided he wanted the jewel. If you need any help, just lemme know. I haven't read any of the manga but I've seen every episode. Just lemme know what works for you.........:D

5. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Yes, i belive this will work.... now I just need to complete the casting... *sigh*