Ranma 1/2 Can you point out any thing in Ranma thats in Inuyasha?(names,looks,etc..)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Notason89, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

While watching Ranma I notice alot of things in side it that are the same in Inuyasha(I know its the same creaters of it,its just so cool).Like Ryoga and Myoga(don't know if spell right),I mean that kind of stuff.And if you add some white long hair and some ears :catgirl: on Ryoga he looks just like Inuyasha.So just point out soome things that are the same in both shows or any of the others.

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

3. Miko

Miko New Member

myoga and happosai look similar but happosai acts like miroku, mousse reminds me of kouga, kagome of akane, nabiki of kagura.

4. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well I've noticed that Happosai looks disturbingly like Myoga, and Kouga/Ryoga, Ranma/Inuyasha, Kagome/Akane, and possibly Ukyo/Kagura seem to have similar personalities. But as MamiyaOtaru said, Rumiko Takahashi was the mangaka for both works so naturally they're going to have some similarities.

5. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

hmm... the author is the same.. ^^ in the mangas... hanyou inu yasha looks like ranma with his pony tail off remember the episode where the six or five bun headed guys took his dragon wisker thingy off??? hmm,,,, kagome´s personality of getting angry is like akane´s hmm in the manga.. kagome looks a bit like akane but not much.. inuyasha´s persistent mood is some wut like ranma´s
    miroku is sometimes like kuno tatewaki in his form of wanting the girlz,,, hmmm... sango has a familiar looking to ukyo in someway...
    i guess that is about it...
    oh
    sheshomaru is like sheshomaru.. he is unique.. and hot XD~~~~
    misao

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Asiangurl, that's what Mamiya Otaru said, author == mangaka.

Anyway, Sesshoumaru rather easily reminds me of Herb. Excepting that Herb can be REALLY comical, since he is also cursed to turn into a girl. But, anyway, basic personalities are the same. "Holier than though" attitude, snotty, "cool", etc. Just Herb's circumstancial comedy of becoming a female with cold water takes away a lot of that.

Also, it's not IY, but Lum is a near-amalgamation of Shampoo and Akane. Then there's Ataru and Happosai.

7. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, to bring Urusei Yatsura (Lum) into this, there's also Cherry - looks a lot like Happosai, but acts a bit more like Myoga, if I remember correctly. And Ten physically resembles Shippou.

Eh. One thing about Takahashi - her character designs are usually very similar, and she tends to reuse certain plot elements, particularly love triangles/squares/etc. and rival relationships (think Ranma/Ryoga and Inuyasha/Kouga).

8. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well I haven't seen Lum or anything else by Takahashi so this may not be very accurate, but if we're comparing Ranma and Inuyasha here: While I admit that Takahashi sure loves her complicated soap oper-etic relationships, I must add that in Ranma any of the verious suitors on either side are usually only around to provide chaos and comic relief, while in Inuyasha there is a very distinct love triangle.

Gotta agree with you on the rivalry thing though; I'd noticed that too.

9. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

That's true. But then, Ranma is purely romantic comedy - Inuyasha has a bit more of a drama/adventure flavor to it, although it retains the other Takahashi-standard elements. And some of the suitors most definitely DO provide comic relief. Think about the Inuyasha-Kouga dynamic. It reminds me a lot of Ranma and Ryoga, especially since both Ranma and Inuyasha are initially not at all forthcoming in their feelings for their respective girls.

10. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

ryoga and koga act VERY similar

11. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

They're both very long-winded. Not that I'm against that. More is . . . more. Though, it does strain the wallet of a poor high-school student like myself *sigh.*

12. Chette

Chette New Member

hmm...

ranma and inuyasha have the same japanese seiyuu right? yeah that guy kappei yamaguchi :p

13. *~Inu-kagome~*`

*~Inu-kagome~*` New Member

well the same thing is.. ummm... oh yeah there both by the same auther! Rumiko Takahashi! i bet no one can pranounce that! i can!

14. dianne04

dianne04 New Member

yeah! they have the same seiyuu! :D and also akane & kikyo, noriko hidaka. myoga(i think..) & genma.

15. Ranma_Best

Ranma_Best New Member

Ranma and Inu-yasha was the same personality.. and they are acting like a kids sometimes :)

16. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

ryoga and koga...hmmm, the name sound similar...and if you watch the fight scenes, you can see ranma cracks his fingers like inuyasha. oh, but also, if you read the manga, you can see that when something stupid, funny, or painful happens, ranma does the "rock on" pose with his fingers that inuyasha does also when kagome calls "sit".
    i know...im weird...XP