Recreation Canada Says "Take off,eh" To Team USA,Ends 50-year Gold Medal Drought

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by InuYasha, Feb 25, 2002.

1. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

In a stunning 5-2 victory over the American men's hockey team,Canada wins the gold medal in today's Olympic finisher. The victory provided the Canadians with their first Olympic gold medal in men's hockey in 50 years,and simultaneously ended Team USA's 70-year unbeaten streak on home Olympic ice.

InuYasha - As far as I know,I did NOT rip the text of this post off of any site...

2. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

D'oh!

Without thinking,I posted this to the Music thread!!! If some moderator-type person would be so kind as to move this to the Misc thread instead,I'd appreciate it!

InuYasha - needs to start paying attention to where he posts things...

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

yay canada

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Eh

I had written a version of our national anthem (that being O Canada for those of you who didn't know) about why Canada kicks so much, but I'm not going to post it because it makes fun of some people a bit too much in parts. On the other hand, we Canadians are know to be funny, and good musicians, so it couldn't be all bad. Nonetheless, no song for you.

My name is Zanshi, and I am Canadian!
    Je m'appelle Zanshi, et je suis canadien!

5. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

I like Canada. They gave us the Barenaked Ladies and Kids in the Hall and expressions like "take off!" You guys rule.

~ Lady Aoi

6. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Yay!

St. Pierre, the goalie for women's hockey, goes to McGill, my sister's school!
    On a side note, my favorite expression is: "Kick a$$ and chew bubble gum" I had a football game one day and I bought bubble gum just so I could actually kick a$$ and chew bubble gum!
    Canadia brought the world closer together with its non-violent way of saying, "Eh, it's okay!"

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You know, I've lived in Canada for seventeen years and I still don't know what a hoser is ... I never even heard the phrase "take off" used in that context until I saw Strange Brew last December ... Does this make me less of a Canadian? Then again, I do actually know the lyrics to O Canada ... but really, that makes me less Canadian ... worthless anitpatriotic majority ... it's just wrong how much of our country doesn't know it's own national anthem.

8. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

jaja...

O Canada
    Our big wide empty land
    We look to Americans
    For a helping hand
    With bannock bread
    And cariboo eggs
    La la true north strong and cold!
    O Canada
    We are on top
    We are close to...
    The north pole!
    Fermez la bouche!
    Mangez poutine!
    O CAANADDAAA
    A lovely win-ter dreeaaaammm...

O CANADA

LA LA LA LA
    ...LAAA...

pardon moi if I spelled anything incorrectly!

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

¬¬

9. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Okay,I guess I should explain myself here...

First off,I want to say that this thread was intended to present the results of the Olympic hockey final in a humorous way,and meant no offense to our Neighbors to the North. Unfortunately,it seems to have been misplaced.

That said,I want to congratulate Team Canada for winning the gold in both men's and women's ice hockey this year. Both teams played superbly in their final games,and deserved to win.

Better late than never,ne?

InuYasha - on track to break the M2A record for eating crow.

10. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Re: jaja...

Let's see what I can do with this one ...

First off, Canada's NOT empty. Only Saskatchewan and Manitoba are.
    Secondly, it seems to me that it is the Americans who look to us for backup, and that the nations have a mutually-dependant relationship, whether good ol' Dubya wants to admit it or not.
    I've never heared the word "bannock" before in my life ...
    Caribou don't lay eggs. They're mammals related to deer.
    Much of Canada is temperate, so it's only cold half the year. Our southernmost point (Point Pelee, Ontario) is parallel to parts of California, and if you go directly south from Detroit, Michigan, guess what you hit? Windsor, Ontario, CANADA.
    Actually, the magnetic north pole is part of Canada.
    Ferme tu bouche, then we'll talk about mine.
    Poutine is only heavily eaten in Quebec, and they're only about as Canadian as Thanksgiving in November, Uncle Sam and the New York Yankees (sorry if I offended and Quebecois in the audience).
    Believe me, winters here are far from "lovely winter dream"s, but you'll get things just as bad in the USA.

That's all I have ... for now.