Cancer

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Basher, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I found out a hour before I took my first final for the day that my friend which I knew from like birth had to go and removal cancer cells while I took a test. Besides being shocked.

It would have made me worried if I didn't start to focus on the test. Which I do feel bad for. A friend in need....but I need to think of myself. It helped me understand that the test isn't that important. Who cares if I have to take it over.

What do you say when someone has cancer?

Nothing fits. You don't know if they will be okay. You can wish them well. But would you want to hear that? You could die. I hope you don't die.

Now I want to talk to her tomorrow...and its like...what do I say? My ma has cancer or something and we don't talk about it. But she needs someone.

I am like a black hole when it comes to feelings. I allow them to be sucked away. Out of my group they look to me for all the answers (think I am smarter) pfff. What answer do I have for someone who might die? It all depends on the stage it is in.

At least school is done so I can actually see how she is doing. Now I have time to help my friends.

My best friend is moving out from next door. Needs help moving. It sucks. Won't see her as much. We usually watch Supernatural together (SN). I am alone in this crappy apartment building. RUDE people. I can go on but I won't.

Other best friend has emotional problems.

They all want me to date. With school/work/son/fam/them/writing my plate is full.

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

i'm sorry to hear of your

i'm sorry to hear of your friend and your mother's condition. Cancer is a horrible thing but even though in most patients it comes back later down the line..if they watch it carefully they can just keep knocking it down again :) No. Just saying i hope you don't die is a bit unlogical. Most people in such of a condition are hurt with god or are very unhopeful. Sometimes all they need is someone to sit through the chemo with them and treat them normally.

We can't really do or say anything wrong but we can hate ourselves forever if we don't try to spend as much time with them as possible..because like i said. Cancer is a horrible thing.

Act normal even if it's in the later stages and just put a smile on and say hey man, we're going to fix you up with this chemo and crap and your done. Even if they may pass away, at least they remember you for a person who gave them a reason to smile.

Egh. But with the time problem, i agree. Have a damn study date teehee. Tell them all to come watch TV while you do stuff and to not make themselves a nuisance. Tell them to come visit you at work. Tell them to inspire you for god's sake! If i were your friend, i would bug the living shit out of you in real life with some way i can magically fit in your busy life.

3. Basher

ty

Thanks Tiff, you made me feel a lil better.

I meant that you can't say "I am sorry for what has happened" cause people take it wrong and it isn't that great to say. I see it as "i hope you don't die."

I wished I had a friend like you. So busy my friends get annoyed. And then they plan things without any notice. I have a son. They have kids to but way more flexible. At least I am having lunch with her. But eating with my son first (turkey tidbits)...oops 2 lunches. I'll skip breakfast.

And i have to still go out to eat with my friend who has cancer cells. It will be hard. But good for both of us.

I hate food now.

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Good luck and happy i could

Good luck and happy i could make you feel a bit better. If you ever need anything [yahoo: teeheetiffy] use it homie g.

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I have the unfortunate habit

I have the unfortunate habit of, usually, becoming apathetic when it comes to such tragedy that hits close to me. I just block it all out and try to make it "not my problem". I would daresay I'm incredibly selfish, for real the first time in a long time (Hell, spent over a year cooking, cleaning, and baby-sitting for an unappreciative girlfriend while she sat around playing WoW because, clearly as I've learned from many past-friends, it is so much more important than everything else). About four months ago, I read in the newspaper from my hometown about a friend of mine from school having been found dead in his parents' home and it bothered me more at the time that I couldn't really care than what had happened. But, I had my own problems and if you can't do anything, you can't do anything - no need to dread over it or try to force it. Maybe that makes me heartless, who knows.

And I often find myself being the butt of my friends' problems when looking for solutions. I oft have to wonder why they seek academic advice from a high school drop-out, romance advice from a single hermit, and life advice from someone who just couldn't care less, heh. Oh well.

And... no dating. Dating means less time writing. That's bad. Oh yeah... and the whole family/work/school thing, I guess.

Take care, Karrie. Oh ho ho, I'll never get tired of how funny that sounds.

6. Basher

Ah....Matt.
    Thanks Matt you

Ah....Matt.

Thanks Matt you helped some. But to my friends and family I am very there for them. Empathy almost.

I am also the butt of people's problems as far as school, work, relationship, and etc. I can't have all the answers. I am in college took me 7 years. I hate working never liked any job but the one I have now. 6 to 8 hours a week. Used to call in sick to watch a tv show. I maxed out the bad relationships someone should have.

This time its harder than most. Mixed information not sure what exactly is going on with her. I think she isn't ready. Until then I wait for her.

And writing another reason not to. Can't forget the important one. I tend to mix blogs.