Recreation cannabis.. any question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mordeth, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

http://www.cannabis.net/faq/cannabisfaq.html

pretty cool little FAQ here about cannabis/hemp. explains why it is illegal, how it became illegal and why it is still illegal. also goes through a load of myths about marijuana use and explains why they are/aren't a load of bullshite.

2. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

Hmmm... interesting enough, but do you support it?
    Personally, I kinda don't. I don't realy have *much* of an opinion on it, but since I was taught it's a drug, I basically don'tr support it.

3. Paper

Paper New Member

"Little" FAQ... yes... well I skimmed through it and it only made me support legalization more... I liked the "How and why was hemp made illegal?" With all the historical references... Call me stupid but I never would have seen drug 'illegalization' as happening that way... But I get it now so there's that... I hate how society is so stuck in the past... But uhh thank you for the site.. enlightened me some.

...Just realized... I did a paper on drug legalization a few months back and this would've been useful then :rolleyes:

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Lady Shadow-san, caffine, tobacco and alcohol are all drugs as well, and probably all a lot unhealthier than hash. Maybe you should try and read the site before making decisions based on what people who don't know jack **** say. And mord does support it.

5. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Well all my opinions on this are in the debates forum.
    But whatever happens with marijuanna in the future legal or illegal, I'm gonna smoke it no matter what until I decide whether to quit or not. Laws will not effect my decisions.

It's just if it's fully legalised I'll grow it my self. Green fingers run in my family.

edit: Man I'm just itching the go to Vancover. I'm sure I'm over looking things but BC just sounds like heaven.
    I hope it's got nice beaches and good surf. Gotta have a beach to smoke on.

6. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

Yes, I know the above three are drugs. I'm addicted to caffine, but I don't find it really damaging, other than the fact that I become a real ***** if I don't get my morning cup of coffee.

I guess it's becuase I was told as a child it was REALLY bad stuff, and it sank into my conscience, but I've become a little more tolerant. I support it used as a medicinal drug, and I'm half and half for rare use, but I DO NOT support teenagers who smoke it at every chance they can.

Canada is thinking of legalizing marijuana (you can have up to 15 grams, I think) and I semi-support that. I don't have much of an opinion. ^_^;;

7. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

If it was legalised there would of course be a legal age limit. The only real damage it is suspected of being able to do is in a still developing body.

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

of course teenagers (growing people) who smoke alot, and drink alot. and take far too much of any drug are in danger.

puberty is a time when the body grows and develops into adulthood, over indulgence of any drug is harmful and counter productive.

9. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Never stopped us Irish though, alcoholics that we are.
    By puberty we're onto our second liver.

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

actually i didn't touch alcohol until i was a week from 18 heh, I was a good boy :)

's a pretty important "was" there...

11. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Yay for Old Threads!!

This took the wors right out of my mouth.

THIS IS STUPID!!

I WANT CANNABIS HEMP LEGAL!!!

FOR PRODUCTS;

FOR MEDICINE;

FOR FOOD;

FOR FUN;

FOR GOODNESS'S SAKE! ISN'T THAT WHAT LIFE'S ALL ABOUT ?!''

-----> I find it just plain stupid that we put people in jail for the use of a plant, that has less harmful effects to it, than something we already have legal ( alcohol ).

12. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Right now I'm at work and the network is blocking that link at the very top (dammit! ;~; ).

I've always been of the opinion that your body is your own responsibility (once you're over 18 that is) and what you do with it is your business SO LONG AS you don't use it to impact other people's lives in a negative way. Cannibus should be legal, but it should also have the same controls placed on it as alcohol- No driving, no public intoxication, no smoking pot on the street, open dimebags in car, ect. The best way to control a drug problem is to legalize it with a flurry of restrictions. Do you know how much money the government would make off of weed? If they maintain positive control on it, like with booze, they'll be set and it'll be something that people can enjoy with relative safety.

But, if and when, right? Some controlled substances should remain illegal (stuff that warps the mind in such a fashion that the person taking it becomes unstable, thereby risking the lives of others), but pot, for the most part, is about as harmless as booze, when used responsibly.

That there's my 50 cents.

~W

1 person likes this.
  13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I agree with Wert, just like booze its what you do with it that can hurt you. If you abuse alcohol then its going to end up killing you, the same can be said for hash. Its the persons resposibility to be sensible with it.

14. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Oh my, I was wondering how this popped up b/c I know that eejit doesnt post here :S.
    hrmm, well I for one like the stuff and wish it was legal. I don't do it for stupid reasons or to hurt others. I like the feeling of mellowing out after a horrible day at work (but not too often b/c I don't want to be doing it daily)But it's bad for me because I have allergies and once I smoke it, I lose my voice and or get really sick(shame eh?) But I do feel bad when I do do it since it is illegal. Haven't touched it in nearly a year I think.(only smoked a few times) Love the drink though and I could never give it up except now that I am pregnant.. ;_; six months of no drink make a sad neoB :(.

1 person likes this.