Debate Capital Punishment..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chiquitabanana, Sep 21, 2004.

?

Your choice?

1. Against IT!

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. For IT!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Don't Care...

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Leave it as it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

What is everyones idea about Capital Punishment???

this is the death sentance btw.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, there's so many ideas i have about it...
    rapid fire catapolt into a braick wall, skinning leading to dissection, poison, random guillotioning.
    they all get teh job done: they kill people. which is what my idea of capitol punishment does.

or, do you mean what is our opinion of it? which is differnet from our ideas of it. *^-^*

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I think she means what is your opinion. Not all the different ways you can do it ^_~

Personally, as much as some of the people seem to diserve a death sentence for doing horible things like bombings and mass killings, I dont like the idea of punishing people with death. I sometimes think they have a reason for what they do and if we understood them we would know why they did what they did.

Death as a punishment seems quite terrible. I have mixed feelings about it really.

But to think if there were ever a mistake, someone who was sentenced to death really didnt do the crime. There is no way to take back what has been done, no way to revive them from the dead. There can be a great margin of error at times.

Sometimes I wonder, who are we to dicide who diserves to die?

4. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I'm against it!
    Well, if someone did something horrible like Son of Bin Ladan then I say bring out the electric chairs!!
    But other than that I think that people should go to jail for life.

5. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i think that they should just let the people live but make their life a living hell in jail or something like that. dying is a lot better than living.

6. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Personally, I'm against the death penalty. However, I *do* believe that (once convicted) criminals should be given the option of the death penalty as opposed to life in prison, seeing as some would probably rather die then spend the remainder of their lives wasting away in a cell and reminiscing on activities in life they'll never partake in.

Yes, the crimes these people commit are brutally heinous. However, people screw up every once in awhile, and while some fervently deny it, this includes the justice system. I don't think it's right to execute potential innocents, no matter how incriminating the evidence may be, when there's a glimmer of doubt, no matter how slim the prospect of innocence.

Now I'm not saying they should be allowed to walk free, or restricted to a limited ammount of time spent spent repenting before provided with the option of freedom. Life in prison isn't exactly a walk in the park, and some would protest that such a punishment is more fitting then death, simply because the prospect of forever being cooped in a cell is certainly less then appealing.

7. chiquitabanana

One of the big things is that although everyone wants to punish these criminals, It somes at quite a cost. The chemicals they use to kill the people it costs more than to keep the criminals alive. Along with that knowing that you commited a crime and having to be forced to think about it all the time, that is much worse than escaping the truth by death.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

True. They should just let them starve. THat way it doesn't cost anything.

Not every criminal cares. Eh, we should just torture them all. And put it on pay per view.

9. chiquitabanana

What about forcing them to watch horrible TV shows that should have never existed? After watching Full House for about 5 hours I'd want to die as well.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Then you would have to pay for electricity, a tv and whatever form of cable or satellite you use.

Oooo! They could become involuntary organ donars! :)

11. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

Death

I don't believe in it. Does anyone know what is even after death? While we might think it is the worst punishment, it could actually be an eternal bliss. No matter what religion you are, no one TRULY knows what is after death.

If you really want to make a criminal suffer for a really bad crime, life in prison. Solitary confinment and stuff like that.

Death... it's only the easy way to solve a punishment...

That's just what I think.

Kokoro

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'm not sure where i stand on this subject. My more leanent side would want them to be put to death and be over with it, my nastier side would like to see them rot in a cell for the rest of their lives and never get to see the sun ever again. I guess if the procedure caused a lot of pain then i think i'd probably go with that one.

13. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I'm personally against any form of violence. If you'll kill a murderer than you wouldnt be any better than him :rolleyes: hope that made sense....o_O

14. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

sad, but true

your right there... it would make you just as bad...

Kokoro

15. Sleeper_awake

Sleeper_awake New Member

I think, and this is just my opnion, that if someone were to serve out their jail time in prison where the real criminals are. For instance, Paul Bernardo (Im a Canadian :p) is serving out the rest of his time in prison, and I bet everyday he gets the crap beaten outta him by criminals and such. Also, when your in prison its kinda like chaining up a wild animal, eventually we will break it's spirit. So, I think Life sentence is better than Capital Punishment.

16. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

But that brings apon the subject of "Concentual Murder". Like in that whole controversy with "Dr. Death" the one who created a machine that would alow dieing patiants to kill them selves if they felt there was no more point in living in a life of meidcation and constant medical attention.

Kinda odd question about the injection. . . .
    I was watching on TV some time back. . and noticed that they sterilize the needle before injecting the victem. Does that make sense to you? I mean they are going to die anyways. =/

17. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I would support the death penalty for some criminals, but too many innocent people have been put to death or almost were. The trial sysytem isn't always perfect, and many people have been sentenced to death for something they really didn't do.

Now, there are times that I think that death is deserved, regarless. Sometimes it is very obvious, and with out doubt that a person is guilty of a henious crime. Then I say they should get whatever they did to others. I saw on the news once about some Arab serial killer. I can't remeber what country this was in. He would lure street urchins into his home, kill them, chop them up, and put their remains into a tub of acid. He would then keep their shoes as momentos, and by the time he was caught he had over a 100 pairs of shoes. When he was caught and convicted, he was sentenced to a death just like he gave those children by the government. His body was dismembered, and dissolved in acid. I know it would be very difficult to treat all cases this way, but I believe that sometimes it is not unjustified.

So, I only approve of the death penalty in certain cases.

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

In the case of that Arab guy, eh. I dunno, the chop-and-dissolve was post mortem, so its not like he was around to feel it.

There are far more entertaining and horrific ways to go about it. Like see precisely how far you can stretch out his organs (as in, open up his belly WHILE KEEPING HIM ALIVE and stretching out his intestines and such to their maximum length). Then sprinkle salt onto all that lovely exposed muscle.

Then unleash the hounds.

19. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Personally though, I think stuff like that is wronge. I understand, that he would be getting his own medicine, but we are only doing what he just did, it makes the person inflicting the punishment / condeming him, a hypocrite. If we do that we are only as bad as him.

There is punishment, then there is just sick and twisted torture.

20. Azn_dudeX

Azn_dudeX New Member

yeah i think they should do captial punishment but they r doing it wrong first off. they should brodcast it on TV to detur people for doing the crime. if u do this people will know that if u do something bad enough that u will die in front of an crowd.