Recreation Casshern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

For those who don't know Casshern is a movie. It released in 2004 in Japan. But now you can buy it as of October in the United States with Subtitles.

Its actually a Live Action Anime Movie based from 1973 anime Shinzo Ningen Casshân.

I most say the visual effects of Casshern make the Matrix movies look like a kiddie movies.

Anyway it is about a world with an alternate history, a great war finally comes to an end leaving the earth diseased and polluted. The geneticist Dr. Azuma vies for support from the government for his neo-cell treatment that he claims can rejuvenate the body and regenerate humankind.

The government leaders, guarding their own deeply entrenched powers, turn down the professor. Driven to complete his work for his wife is sick, Dr. Azuma accepts a secret offer from a sinister faction of the powerful military.

After an incident occurs in Dr. Azuma's lab, a race of mutant humans known as the Shinzo Ningen also known as Neo-sapiens are unleashed upon the world.

Now only the warrior known as Casshern, reincarnated with an invincible body, stands between the Shinzo Ningen and a world on the brink of annihilation.

I recommend this movie because visually it’s spectacular. If I had to compare it to anything visual I can’t and seem at a lost in doing so. Although I heard movies such as Able Edwards, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Immortal, and Sin City are in the same contemporary film category. To me it comes close to as a live action can get to the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

The action is something all on its own which is striking. When Casshern flies compared to “superman Neo” he does more then just fly.

Fifty minutes into the movie my jaw literally dropped as I watched. I reached for the phone calling up a friend. I told her I don’t care if you are unsure of subtitles you need to watch this movie.

There is plenty of Sci-fi added into the movie to get a great fix for.

The Adventure is all through out the movie.

There is enough drama to not get overly sick with it.

There is a sprinkle of Supernatural that will please those lovers such as myself. Who doesn’t like to see tubs of single body parts being grown? Then regenerating into something else…

Although the ending maybe a little confusing once you choke it all down you will understand.

As the Neo-Sapien Akubon said, “We vow to eliminate humankind.”

View a trailer at http://www.casshern.com