RPG Archives Cast Memory: Sister Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MaximumFlouride, Jan 10, 2005.

1. MaximumFlouride

MaximumFlouride New Member

Not too long ago there was a great caused by two leader's greed for expansion. Soon after, those two Kingdoms as well as a few others, decided to get rid of monarchy completely, and like what the floating futuristic city of Volva Varrtus did hundreds of years ago, they decided to become their own democracies. All seemed perfect.

The war had been costly not just to the two Kingdoms, but also to the few Kingdoms arround them that they conqured. Many soldiers where wounded, killed, but all were accounted for, dead or alive....except one. The Unknown Soldier.

He was an orphan, so no one really knew anything about him, except that he was anywhere from 16-18 years old.

100 years have passed. The technologies have not really changed too much. Excpet for the people of Volva Varrtus, who have advanced more then anyone thought possible. The Unknown Soldier is now believed to be nothing but a tale, made to entertain.

On a rainy, cloudy, day, a titanic creature wakes up. He looks at himself in the water and sees nothing but an Iron Giant, staring back at him. Up to this point, he has no memory of anything whatsoever.

One day an old traveler spots the titan and prepares for battle. But he soon realizes that this is no fighting giant. And he is soon suprised when the beast speaks in human tongue. He names the creature Genai, and teaches thousands of sword styles, ranging from Swashb
    uckling(pirate style), to Bushido(samurai-like style). After a few years, the old man's strength begins to fade. He hands Genai a box, containing a awkward looking orange yellow sword hilt.

He tells him that the hilt will form a blade, if the user beckons a style of sword he knows. "Only one of pure heart may beckon a blade," he said.

He goes on to tell him that there are a few more artifacts like it.(I will describe them more at the bottom.)

Soon after the old masters death, he begins to have dreams a young man fighting a Archmage. And it always ends the same: The wizard casts some sort of spell on the young warrior and he begins to scream in pain. Whats this mean? Was he a witness? Why is dream this coming to him....

He decides to journey the to find the answers, and regain his memory of the events....but what he wil discover will be more...

Here are other weapons he spoke of:

1)Spear that changes shape and becomes stronger when the wielder when is going through certain emotions.
    2) Bow that can change shape and size, no arrows needed as a arrow forms as soon as you tug the string. Also, bows change appear and attribute whenever the bow changes.
    3)Staff that boosts magic, and changes shape and amplifies your magic.

Okay, so there's only 3, but you can still join and not have those specific ones...

Oh and...I bet alotta you have read is and thought "......Where's the bad guy?". Well, there's no set bad guy yet you see. Lately many RPGs have been the same old "Big Bad Evil Force is trying to destroy/rule the wolrd/unleash demons/or some other overdone reason, and some young nobody is trying to stop and him and a band of other hooligans join him and they go off on a long journey with no side stories or anyting. Just the same cliche.

Another popular one is "Ms./Mr. Nobody is in search for some magical item/relic/legendary weapon, which may or maye not be used to stop some evil force, or they may be looking for it just for the hell of it.

Now then, you may be thinking ", Well geeze, what isn't a cliche now a days!" Well, I'm tryin' to go for a less of a cliche then your average RPG that only feeds you a vague paragraph of story, about usually, that whole "guy tries to save world with a buncha rag tag random people s/he recruit"s

Anywho, as of the now, for this RPG, the main focus seems to be around Genai, who is trying to recover his lost memories. Seems like it, but its not completly true. As the story goes along, maybe one of the players or I may think of an idea or a sturgglet that the whole party must face. Also, I encourage you to make side stories if you feel the need, but of course you may also contribute to the main plot(Which really isn't set yet, but will if and when this begins(if ever).

Another basis is getting to know the other characters by forging relationships, and so on, I mean, whats the point of travelling with strangers?

Remeber, there is no one main character in this RP. The next character is as important as the one that preceded him.

Yeah, on some or many levels, depending on how you look at it, this is also a cliche, but less common then the ones I've talked about. So there.

Also I applaud the RPGs that differ from the basic "people to try to defeat evil force who is trying to destroy the planet", or atleast stray away from it somehwhat. Kudos to you!

And finally, here's my the character sheet, model your after it, feel free to add a little something if you like.

Name: Gensai

Appearence: he is about 7 feet, looks like a gigantic UBER buff guy with blue armor for skin, on his head he has a 12 inch steel mohawk-like blade. He has what seems to be a crack on the facial area of his "armor", where nothing can be seen but darkness, and yellow oval eyes.

Weapon(s): The orange hilt(If you're this far you better know what it is)

Personality:He is a shy quiet creature, with and child-like innocence about him. He has a love for all creatures, even though sometimes the humans give him a hard time.

Background: (Again, if you're this far, you should know it)

There ya' go...

Thank you for you time.

-Maximum Flouride

2. eternal_death66

eternal_death66 New Member

((i would like to join but i need some time to get my character together. my post should be up tommorw. good day to you. ^^))

3. Sarian Shioto

Sarian Shioto New Member

Name: Sarian
    Weapon: The Magic Bow
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: He has shoulder-length silver hair and blue eyes.
    Backround: His father was a great sorcerer known as Serra.

((@____@ There you go! ^_^;))

4. eternal_death66

Name: Taris

Appearence: She has long black silverish hair and red eyes. She is sort of pale and many think she is tall for being a girl. She usually wears bandages around her left arm. She wears knee length boots, and a lot of the times wears guyish clothes.

Weapon(s): Staff that boosts magic, and her strength.

Personality: She is a very outgoing person and kind of stubborn. She doesn't get flustered easily and is kind of a smart ass at times. But she is very loyal and kind hearted. She loves meeting new people. And though she gives them a hard time she is always there for her allys.

Background: Her parents died when she was 13 and ever since then she has taken care of her self. She taught herself how to fight. When she was traveling she meant a man and he had given her a staff. He said that it was to boost her magic powers, that she was so found of. Ever since then she has carried it around. She has a older brother named Karue but she has no idea where he is.

Attached Files:

5. MaximumFlouride

Uhhhhh....Sarian..a little more detail and little less vague por favor...^_^;

eternal_death66, Accepted! ^_^

6. eternal_death66

Yeh i was accepted! lol.. ^^ check my RP if you can. ^^

7. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

Name: Ayane

weapon:swords and blades

apperence: long blond and brown hair light brown eyes

background: She lived as a normal child, when her parents died. Her parents close friend adobted her,and taught her how sword fight.

8. MaximumFlouride

Oy vey...whats with the vague bios......does anyone remeber about 2 years ago, when the RPG forum flourished with activity?

9. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

Does this mean I'm not excepted :sad:

10. MaximumFlouride

You are accepted, But I would prefer it if you could add some more detail. :D

11. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

Name: Elial

Appearence: Elial is about 5'6" to 5'7" in height. He has waist length dark blue hair with strips of silver that spread from his temples and fan through the long hair, his bangs only blue, not a speck of silver. Hes usually dressed in more or less the same outfit, a no sleeve skin tight silvery grey shirt and loose fitting black pants with a thick black coat over top. The coat is only ever taken off if hes staying in one place. Even in the hottest weather, Elial is always found wearing the coat. His eyes are a copper shade and to follow the color, he has a small earring in one ear of a small copper gem.

Weapon(s): Swallow(has elemental uses, mainly fire and lightening depending on his mood and if hes spins if fast enough, wind)

The large weapon the boy holds is the Swallow Elial uses

Personality:A bit clumsy but he doesn't look it. Hes not exactly shy, but not outgoing either. He normally hangs back and watches.Hes also not cold but hes not very trusting of people and unless he feels he can trust them, he'll be wary of them.

Background: His not so trusting attitude comes from his past. When Elial was only a young child, his family was taken from him. He doesn't know why his family was killed or even who killed them. But even as a child, every one he tried to get close to, either died or betrayed him. His Swallow weapon comes from his own family. It was a weapon his brother had been the best at weilding. Okashii had always made jokes that little Elial would never be able to weild the swallow as well as he could when Elial got the chance to even lift the weapon. But now hes surpassed his brother in bringing out the elemental magic in the large double bladed weapon. Even as he travels, he works to find who killed his family and why they did it, wary of the outcome of his future but not afraid to die as long as he learned who did it first.

All finished. Good? Bad? Any changes needed?

12. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

Okay here it goes.
    Name:Ayane
    Weapon: sword and blade (sword has a cross at its end so does blade)
    Appearence: long light brown hair, soft light brown eyes, long sleeve ivory shirt that reveals shoulders, short blue jean skirt, with knee-high dark brown boots (she has a dark brown strap that holds her sword and a belt to match that holds her blades)
    Personality: She has good swordsmanship, she is very attractive, and always ready to fight, and sometimes she can be very high mattance
    Background: She was born into a very nice family that got along great with everybody. One day her parents were killed and she had to live with a family that was very secretive, when she was old enough she requested to learn how to swordfight she did very well. She doesn't talk much about her parents.

13. Hildi Maxwell

Hildi Maxwell New Member

Is MaximumFlouride ever going to reply? I want to know if I'm accepted. MF hasn't posted since the last post by them on the 26th. I posted on the 28th and no reply...post soon MaximumFlouride?

14. MaximumFlouride

Sorry everyone, since there's not much activity on this forum anymore I thought It'd a long time to get more people....but yeah Hildi, you are accepted...but I wonder if that Sarian guy is gonna edit his profile...

15. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

Sorry to be rude but "WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!". *Back to normal self* :)

16. MaximumFlouride

Haha, you're accepted.