Video Games Castlevania: Lament of Innocence

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kamui, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I got this game on sunday and was wondering what other people thought.

I have already completed the House of Sacred Remains and am bout to finish the Garden Forgotin by Time.

So, what you think bout this awsome game?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Decent, but nothing can really hold up to Symphony of the Night...so it's unfair to compare that game to Lament of Innocence. However, it *IS* made by the same team, so the battle physics, are really excellent and it's just a fun game.

However, I do not agree with the little weapons/armor you can buy, but I do love the 3d aspect. It makes it a little funner, and the bosses are all little trials because some of them are just fun to play around with.

I like how it's a complete prequel though, to the entire Castlevania series. Nothing like good prequels...even though some of it now makes the Castlevania storyline really odd...like Megaman X.

3. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

One thing im not too thrilled about it the fact that the big boss isnt Dracula! It some guy named Walter (isnt it?), now, seriously, who names a giant final boss Walter????

But, i love the feel and 3d aspect of the game, i am a huge fan of the controls.

I actually love the armor and accessories you can buy.

And i like how you can get the Whip of Lightning, Flames, and Ice. By beating the elemental corusponding with that whip. Those can be a pain.

But, all in all, i give CV:LOI 9/10

4. Amon

Amon New Member

(SPOILERS AHOY!)

Actually, the final big boss isn't Walter. It's Death. :p And we still do meet Dracula; the story sort of explains how Dracula (in the Castlevania world) came about or the likes.

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

PLEASE USE THE SPOILER TAG