Art Cg!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Yuna, May 27, 2002.

1. Yuna

Yuna New Member

What progarms do u think is the best to CG your drawings?

Well I guess I should choose Adobe Photoshop! I don't like the painter.... :glazed:

2. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I havent really done actual characters with CG, but I did a small thing in 3D the other day with 3D Studio MAX 4
    Here it is...
    Dojo

3. Komugi-chan

Komugi-chan New Member

I use Paint Shop Pro 7
    i think it works pretty good.. but my friend Rachel says that ADobe is better... i haven't tried it so i dun know ^^;;;

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

wow, that looks awesome LOT! I'm just a beginner with 3d Studio Max...

I usually use Adobe Photoshop and Metacreations Painter ;) out of the two Photoshop is a lot more versatile.

5. Yuna

Yuna New Member

Wow that is nice! ^__^ I haven't tried that program!
    But if you would like to see my artwork!! check the manga2anime gallery
    CLick here for a shortcut :)

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Heh. We have a dojo?? Why am I always the last to know these things....:cool:

Manohman I wish I could do artsy stuff...I don't suppose you could do a few things for a little site I have in my head, could you LOT?

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

hehe I was just trying out things with 3D Studio... I'm not that good at it yet, but I'm learning :)

Sure, I would do stuff for M2A if you want me to, I can't guarantee it'll look any good though :)
    I have a tough maths exam in 2 days, but after that I should have alot of free time... That reminds me, I should start studying for it

8. Dream)wind(

Dream)wind( Guest

yeh im also a beginner wif 3d studio max.......

a good cg app would have to be photoshop 7 but for the beginners i would recommend paint shop pro 7 its much, much easier to use.......and tats how i cg my pic..c for urself http://www.geocities.com/thecoolclan2002//intro.htm

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

o_O why i am always the last one to know??! Even at home!! I am the last one to know stuff that happens!! :anger:

I really really love M2A's Dojo LOT :D

And as long as I am here, are the only programs fo CG are Adope Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro 7 ??

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I think for character shading, if you want it flat-anime style...photoshop is the best way to go. It's just like...errr...someone said, it's more versatile. 3DStudio looks really good to use...so I must get this program. If anything, it'd make for some really nice backgrounds! :D Nice work LOT

11. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

so CG huh?

MACROMEDIA FLASH MX!!!
    I know it cost around 300$ but is the thing I use for drawing. Works like a charm for me. I draw something on paper then scan it then trace it and fix it in Flash. I know it sounds tricky but its actually easier than it sounds...

12. The CIA

The CIA New Member

Me to :) Every one says Adobe is better but Iam going to stick with PSP7 heres some work I did with it.
    http://michaelmanga.20m.com/images/newone12cg.jpg
    http://michaelmanga.20m.com/CGs/renfancgsmall.jpg
    I didn't draw this only CGed http://michaelmanga.20m.com/CGs/bikemall.jpg
    http://michaelmanga.20m.com/images/ryoko21.jpg

13. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i use paint shop pro 7 for now...
    i like the M2A Dojo Lord of Terror..i must tray the 3D Studio MAX 4...

14. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

I use Photoshop, but I really need to learn Painter. Photoshop isn't designed for coloring, however it is probably the most well designed graphic design program out there. So basically you can do the amazing with Photoshop, but it's going to take you many hours to pull it off, and who really has that kind of time day in and day out? Painter can get you good detail as well, but more importantly it can pull off amazing BRUSH effects that make the drawing very attractive, in far less time then anything on photoshop. They both have their strenghts.

Yes, flash also works fine for coloring, very nice to work with in making very stylized, pure lines, and vibraint colors. However if you want extreme detail, flash really isn't the program to work with.

I have not used PaintShopPro, but I've seen the results of the program many times. It works well, I look at it as a program the works well, but takes lots of practice to squeeze the best effects out of it. Kinda like Gimp, which is a free version of Photoshop basically.

Then there is OpenCanvas which is pretty neat, very simple, for certain types of lineart styles it works well, but I have heard it takes some time to use. BUt its cool that it can convert straight to online...or something to that affect. Opened it up once, but never used it. :)

Then there is CorelDraw...okay, let's just avoid CorelDraw alright? It can do some graphic things easier then photoshop, but overall it has so many limitations that it just isn't worth it.

Adobe Ill. and Image Ready are nice to know. Have them, but haven't really used them. Anything Adobe is usally top of the line.

If there is one program you should learn it is Adobe Photoshop, it will color your drawings well, and so much more. It is what everyone uses in the real world, and if anything will help you get a job.

Okay, that's all I can say on the matter really. Hope that helps.

15. Zanza

Staff Member

Ok, are there any CG program to d/l? Or I can get them only if I bought them??!

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You can get anything you want as long as you have the time to download it. :D But, to be legal, be sure to buy the *expensive* adobe products. [shudders]

17. Zanza

Staff Member

I have all the time I want to d/l, 3 days ago, I d/l Photoshop and it took me 5 hours!! But it was the demo version and I can't save any work that I have done :sad:
    So I need a program I don't care if it takes me even a whole day to d/l it, as long as I can save my work!! :D

Thanx again.. :)

18. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

to help with the downloads

HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT KAZAA?

19. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The cracks aren't always great, or legal >.< And also people can use a technique called water-marking to see if you used a crack of the software to make a pic.

But yeah, The 'shop is a great program and even though it isn't really meant to colour in pics it is still really good at it :) I like the effect and options that Metacreations Painter gives you to colour with, such as the fire/burn tool(it's what I used to set my site mascot's sword on fire).

20. Zanza

Staff Member

Re: to help with the downloads

Yes I am!! But my sister doesn't agree in d/l it .. [talk about being the eldest!! -_-]
    And it makes the computer worse or slower in the internet connection.. :p

Are there by any chance, easy programs for CG?