Soccer Champions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teddz, May 25, 2005.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Congratulations to the teams that won their leagues! The long season is finally over, and they can all relax to next season. Trades, deals, signings, you name it!

But let's start this thread by cheering all the league winners of Europe and the rest of the world!

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well we all know Chelski claimed their premiership cup after a 50 year wait. But despite all the money they spent... the team has been unbreachable in the premiership, only conceding 18 goals or so. I give them credit for that, but not much more.

- Shen

3. Teddz

Italian giants, Juventus won the Lo Scudetto before Milan. The decisive game was when Milan played against Juventus, and Juve won the match, giving them a 3 points advantage with 2 games remaining. Palermo beated Milan with a thrilling 4-3, leaving Juve, to secure their 28th title.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Sweden and Juventus is the player who probably will both win the "young player of the season" and "best foregin player of the year". 30 apperance with 16 goals - one of them a hattrick during his first season, at the age of 23 years old.

Congratulations Juventus!

4. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I guess I should put some Latino spice in this thread. Today in Mexico the Aguilas of America hosted Tecos for the final match of the championship. The first leg ended up 1-1 and both teams could practically taste the championship.

The game ended 6-3 leaving the Aguilas with thier 9th Title. Here are the goals...

Fecha: 29/05/2005 19:00 ET
    Estadio: Estadio Azteca
    Goles
    1 - 0 Aarón Padilla ('1 ) Aguilas
    2 - 0 Claudio López ('4 ) Aguilas
    2 - 1 Eduardo Lillingston ('21 ) Tecos
    3 - 1 Aarón Padilla ('37 ) Aguilas
    3 - 2 Carlos María Morales ('59 ) Tecos
    4 - 2 Cuauhtémoc Blanco ('62 ) Aguilas
    5 - 2 Jesús Mendoza ('67 ) Aguilas
    5 - 3 Flavio Davino ('86 ) Tecos
    6 - 3 Claudio López ('89 ) Aguilas

Congratulations to Aguilas!!!! (Though I was hoping for Toluca to win...
    :( )

5. Teddz

Spanish champions of the La Liga went this year to Barcelona! The team was impressive throughout the entire season, and managed to hold off the likes of Real Madrid and Valencia to claim the title. On the last two games, they tied with Numancia, while Real tied with Osasuna, which meant that Barcelona were the champions.

It was 5 years ago since they won the Liga.

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

PSV Eindhoven grabbed this year's Dutch League cup, cosidering they don't have their ex top goal scorer Kezman and wonderkid Robben they have done remarkeably well. They also gave AC Milan a scare in the semi finals of the Champions League and were unlucky to miss out in the finals in my opinion.

- Shen

7. Teddz

[​IMG]

COPPA ITALIA! GRANDE NERAZURRI!!

Inter has won the Coppa Italia, or known as Italian Cup. The first leg was a stunning performance by Adriano, who bagged two goals away against Roma. Adriano scored from 30 yards and headed home the second goal.

On the return leg, at San Siro, veteran defender Sinisa Mihaljlovic scored his trademark freekicks which lead to victory for Inter.

A total of 3-0 in aggregate, made Inter, Italian Cup champions!

FORZA NERAZURRI! NO MALLARI MAI!

- Teddz (Proud Interista)

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well done Inter!

I do hope they can prove to Europe their strength next season.

- Shen