Debate Channel jumping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato666, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

It has recently came to my attention members of m2a are taking a stand against java-hoppers.By java-hoppers i mean people who use the m2a site chat to jump to another channel.They kick or ban any of the java users for jumping to other channels.I think this is really unneccesary because there is no policy on it,and its not against any rules.I say as long as they dont break any rules kicks or bans are completely unneccesary.

2. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

There's no direct rules on a lot of things that will get you banned. Using the Java client uses bandwidth on the Mangatoanime server, which in turn, increases the hosting costs for this site. People using the java client for the sole purpose of jumping to another channel are abusing the generousity of mangatoanime, as there are other ways to get onto IRC that do NOT necessitate using the bandwidth of this site.

Also, it is rude to jump in and out of a channel, using it only as a stepping stone. On many channels, such 'revolving door' action is regarded as a bannable offense. It is distracting, and unnecessary.

Finally, links have been provided to allow members to download and install mIRC. The only reasons to use the java chat as a stepping stone are A) Laziness, or B) Ignorance.

The first is a lame excuse, and the second is correctable by only a little bit of effort.

- Ark

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Registered to our site, and likewise our channel. There are alternative chat methods for java-hoppers. Look into them.

4. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

You know, for people without Mirc, it is really inconvenient. He has a point there. And it's not like you own all that chats, so I don't see why you let the poor citezens of M2A hop to their chat when they come on. Are you annoyed THAT easy, or are you just power-hungry? Give them a break!

(But I do agree that they could try to find an alternative...)

5. Paper

Paper New Member

Well like Ark said, it eats up bandwidth and costs more money than it should to host. And on a more personal level, it's downright rude.

6. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Yusuke, I'll go walk through your house, in order to talk with your neighbors a few times. Since obviously you condone this behavior.

*rolls eyes*

- Ark

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet i would like to see that HAHA

i am so against it. it is very rude. its not that hard to down load mirc. i did it so can you. its easy.
    btw its the third one down not the second when you open it up from start

power-hungry has nothing to do with idiot channel jumpers. there will be no break for these people and there shouldnt be. i might be an op but that is how it works

I hope you do know that you can Down load mirc even when your at the library. i did hehe but now my key board works

8. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I think that there should be some kind of rule, becuase alls they do is comein and say hi...post there chats url and leave...it disrups the chat and it annoys the crap out of every one in there to chat and not jump ferm channel to channel!!!

Misao:p

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If you wanna use a Java applet to springboard somewhere else, feel free to use google. Maybe someone else has no problem with you jumping off their site to your channel...

Search up "jpilot chat room", and you'll get 10 pages of chats similar to ours.

We've made the stand to disallow it, and that's our choice, as our community pays the costs. It's a coded fix, too. /join is completely disabled from that functionality, so it is impossible to forum-hop from our chat, even if you attempt to.

On the OT discussion, a "hi, come peeps to #mychatroom!" entrance/exit is spammage, and 99% of channels will ban you for such blatant advertising. This action is nothing out of the ordinary.

10. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

The only problem i had with it was that there was no policy at the time and i was angry about ppl being kicked.I even told Ark if you(BMS) or cloud were to say something i would no longer have a problem.Which i no longer do,its policy.

11. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Its not just that channnel its other channels and channels YOU always go to too and usually stay in while you leave the m2a one. So dont be so bitter and blam sess-chan -.-;;;

I have mIRC for this reason I dont like jumping into other rooms from m2a and yes it does suck for ppl who dont have mIRC but there is other ways and I am very thankfull Cloud has done so much for m2a and I would hate to make him pay much or waste his money with "jumpers" so I say to all ppl who jump download mIRC www.mIRC.com its not that bad I think it is a good program

12. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I know you have mIRC. What I ment by that is you have your own rooms and ppl from m2a go there and leave the m2a chat room. So dont go around and pointing out #sess-chan like that b/c it makes them look bad. Would you like me to piont out all the places you own that are in violation? Probably not b/c that would be rude. Why where you pointing out #sess-chan anyway? We arnt here to say, oh its so and so channel who is doing it. Who cares what bloody channel was in violation. The point was to give your opinion not point out chat rooms and make it seem like they are the ones pulling this crap. I am sorry but it just seemed rude of you to go and point places out when you yourself have places that where in violation.

I only have one room and I dont want ppl to channel jump to it. I never new about this channel jumping and I dont want anyone to do it from m2a chat and get to any other rooms. I apologize for allowing the channel jumping to my room. I didnt know it was wrong. So I apologize.