Manga Ring Project Chapter 3

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, May 2, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

With chapter 2 being done. Or atleast fairly done. Let's continue.

I like Possessed 3: Highschool Drama

If I remember correctily we are at the part where Minato is controlled by Ein.

Shall we dive into that?

Or go straight to school where he finds out about Ein.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I've got something drafted but incomplete - will post soon.

The next scenes I've got worked out are really just bridges. Not much happens, but they tie one end of plot to the other.

Basic outline is that it revolves around Minato's "morning after". He wakes up without remembering anything that occurred since he was feeling sick - it nags at him so badly that he's off in his own world as he makes his way to school and during the beginning of classes (during which he unintentionally shrugs off a confused Satomi).

From there, I gather Ein starts bumping himself into command again, although this time more in short spurts. At his current state, the well-rested and aware Minato is far more difficult to handle than the previous evening.

A freaked out Minato ends up talking to his reflection in the guys' bathroom (mirror or toilet).

For the remainder of the next little bit, it takes Minato effort, but he continues to suppress Ein until evening, when he's beginning to get tired from fighting...

This may be where I begin the "demon's deal" segment (a bit of a plot I thought up, but haven't fully fleshed out yet).

3. Basher

Killer. So Possessed 3: Demons Deal would sound better.

I can't wait to read it BMS

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Mini-scene 3a

(Darkness. A void of black. Faintly, and almost lost rings a soft call of a single name, "Minato!")

(Minato lies strewn about his bed, hair scruffy, covers twisted around him and one foot poking out. His mother stands sternly a few paces away)

MOTHER: Minato! What are you still doing here? You're going to be late for class!

MINATO: (Groggy and a bit out of sorts, MINATO blinks as he tries to get his bearings)

Late...? Class?

(Realization snaps in as a lightning bolt jars his system) Ack! I slept in!

(MINATO juggles the task of dressing at the same time as brushing his teeth as he pauses to look directly at himself in the mirror)

(Thinking with his brush dangling out the site of his mouth) But when did I get to sleep?

(Done with brushing, he washes his face and dries it off before pausing again) When did I even get home?

(Shifting scene to the schoolgrounds, we find SATOMI and MAI scoping out HARA and his friends from a safe distance. MAI seems overly excited, SATOMI a bit distracted)

MAI: Just like we worked out, Satomi, according to plan. We go by him and I "accidently" lose footing and knock your books out of your hands. He'll be right there and have the perfect opportunity to help you gather them up again.

SATOMI: Mai, I've been thinking, though. Are you sure-

MAI: (Cutting SATOMI off, eyes throbbing in a dream state) You both end up reaching for the same book, your hands meet, and you both share an awkward moment of warmth.

(Turns to look at SATOMI with a "are you paying attention?" stare) You remember all this, right?

SATOMI: Well, yes.

MAI: You apologize, you give your name, you carry on. An intrigued Hara will be helpless under the spell and he will start to try and find out all he can about you.

It's pretty much foolproof.

Now then, shall we?

(MAI turns to see SATOMI looking elsewhere and looks perturbed)

Are you paying attention?

SATOMI: (Brightening up with a smile) It's Minato.

(She waves and yells as she runs across the field, MAI frazzled beyond help at her foolproof plan falling apart in an instant) Hey Minato!

MINATO: (Caught in recollection, he moves up the path completely oblivious to his surroundings and talking to himself) I remember getting hungry. I remember that weird diner. The waitress...I got sick...and... and then what?

SATOMI: Good morning, Minato! (Appearing right in front of his path, SATOMI snaps MINATO out of his trance. The two begin walking into the building together)

MINATO: Hey, Satomi. Good morning. (He forces his best greeting, but it still betrays his uneasiness)

SATOMI: You look pretty tired. What did you get up to last night?

MINATO: You know what? I don't know.

SATOMI: (her face folds a bit in an attempt to understand) You don't know? What do you mean you don't know? You were there, right? You were the one doing whatever it is you were doing.

MINATO: (He fumbles on his words, just now realizing how suspicious he sounds. Satomi has halted and is now a few paces behind) I just can't remember...

SATOMI: (Her features tighten a bit) What does that mean, Minato?

MINATO: Satomi, I... I really don't know what-

(An attendence warning bell sounds, interrupting him.)

SATOMI: (She turns to run to the homeroom) Forget it, Minato. I'll ask you after class!

MINATO: (looking out after her) And what will I answer then?

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

I was Just Wondering.. Was anyone going to draw the mana ring project?

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Referring to the Participants Roles sticky, Meaikoh, me_dreaming_zzz, and Kagome_Akari are the currently identified mangaka, but that list could be very outdated as the last update to the sticky was done in February of last year...

Suzu was in charge of things, but it's been nearly a year since she's had any activity whatsoever on the boards...I guess I should give a holler and see if she's too busy or whatnot.

I think this whole forum is still a bit hard to understand for most users and probably needs a cleanup as well. :sweat2:

7. Basher

First I must say it looks great BMS. One err though. Little err me thinks.

SATOMI: You look pretty tired. How late did you stay up last night?

I thought of a funny way for the scene where Satomi is questioning him. I have an odd sense of humor.

SATOMI: (her face folds a bit in an attempt to understand) You don't know?

Minato: I just don’t know.

Satomi: What do you mean you don't know?

Minato: (Shrugs and moves hands in a shrugging fashion) “Slash ponder.” –as in /ponder WoW players :D It would be funny. For those who don’t know it looks like this.

Satomi: Huh? (Gives him a strange look)

Minato: I just don’t know where I was at. (as if it never happened)

Satomi: You were there, right? You were the one doing whatever it is you were doing.

MINATO: (He fumbles on his words, just now realizing how suspicious he sounds. Satomi has halted and is now a few paces behind) I just can't remember...

I was thinking something odd like Minato goes to the same class with the teacher and the legend for all the classes he goes too. It could be a joke. I know a lot of kids feel that they are being taught the same thing or what we learn is not needed later. It also would make it easier on us no teachers. Don’t the teachers come to the students?

Right now he is trying to figure out what happened. Considering this he is able to be temporally taken over. Little outbursts.

It would be funny if the legend was said and Minato/Ein said “That dirty old hag. She will pay for what she did...” Minato takes back over. Class laughs.

Yeah. I need do draw. :sweat2:

Actually a lot of it is a mess the forum. We talked far ahead a lot of the time.

Also I have bought Manga Studio so it would be easy to lay this all out.

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Exactly on the same track, Basher. A number of outbursts, and we can either have:

A) The teacher sends him out in the hall for punishment - the old stand with a full pail of water - whereupon he sees his face as Ein in the bucket and talks with it there

or

B) He excuses himself to go the washroom to have the encounter

As for the err, it was all Satomi's speech...yeah, I blame her. "What did you get up to?" meaning "What were you doing last night?".

9. Basher

He could all of a sudden start to do something werid. Escuses himself.

Ok. Sounds good on the speech then. Maybe have Minato correct her. But she still says it anyway.

10. Basher

I did a part 2b. So tell me what you think. Need Minato's last name to make it work though. And a friends name. I used Sakuya for the time being.

Minato walks into class. Minato thinking: ‘I remember going to the restaurant, the waitress…”
    Minato sits down. Minato friend (Sakuya maybe?): “Hey Minato!!! Can I borrow your notes?”
    Minato ignores him still thinking. ‘and being sick.’ Sakuya displeased: “Hey buddy?”
    Minato looks up gives a blank look.
    Sakuya (gives that hello look): “Your notes?”
    Minato grabs a sheet and hands it to him.
    Sakuya a little worried: “What’s the matter? Problems with Satomi?”
    Minato sighs: “No nothing like that.”
    Sakuya: “Then what is it?”
    Minato realizes maybe his friend could help. That little shocked thing seen in mangas. “Did I call you last night? Or did we do something yesterday?”
    Sakuya: “No. Why would you ask me that?”
    Minato: “It’s nothing.’
    Sakuya: “All I know is that you were out really late last night.” Minato looks at him strange.
    Sakuya: “Your mom called.” *bell rings*
    Sakuya turns around.
    Teacher walks into class. Minato thinks ‘Then what did I do?’
    Teacher: “Class we will continue our discussion on legends.”
    Ein inside Minato head: 'Last night was great.’
    Minato thinks: ‘Last night?’ Strange look.
    Teacher: “We will review today for the test. We will start off with Lugata.”
    Ein inside Minato’s head: ‘The women were great last night.’
    Minato thinks and looks around: ‘The women?’ Sees everyone paying attention.
    Teacher: “She is the goddess of Food and Delicious Delights. She got rid of her husband…”
    Ein/Minato interrupts teacher: “What a *****!!!”
    Class laughs.
    Teacher annoyed: “Excuse me, (Minato last name)?”
    Minato: “I have to itch.”
    Class giggles.
    Teacher looks at Minato: “You can do that after class.”
    Teacher returns to chalkboard. “Lugata got rid of her husband Ein…”
    Ein inside Minato’s head: ‘Nice recovery.’
    Minato: “Thanks.”
    Teacher eyebrow rose looking at Minato. Class giggles.
    Teacher returns to taking because Minato is silent: “By baking a cake that turned him into a seed.”
    Ein/Minato: “A seed?!!! That is just stupid. She couldn’t change me into anything else?!!!”
    Class laughs.
    Teacher annoyed: “One more out burst (last name) and you will be out in the hall.”
    Minato sad look: “Yes, sensei.”
    Teacher: “Let’s return. Lugata placed the seed into a spice jar.”
    Sakuya whispers: “What’s your problem today?”
    Minato whispers back: “I don’t know.”
    Teacher: “Unfortunately her plan didn’t work one of Ein's many mistresses...”
    Ein/Minato interrupts: “Who is the lady's man? Who would like a free ride on the stallion, baby?”
    Class laughs.
    Teacher mad: “MINATO outside now!!!”
    Minato leaves class.
    Minato outside of door and thinking. ‘What’s the hell is going on? It is like I am not in control of myself.’
    Minato still outside door and frustrated. He thinks: ‘This bites, I am going to the bathroom.’
    Minato walking down the hallway.
    Minato at the men’s bathroom door.
    Minato inside bathroom.
    Minato walking by mirrors. We see Ein.
    Minato opening a stall door. Ein rude gestures.
    Minato washing face and thinking. ‘What is happening to me?’ We can see Ein.
    Minato looks up. Sees Ein. “Huh?”
    Ein in mirror: “Took you long enough to notice.”
    Minato finally realizes it isn’t him and yells. “Who the hell are you?”
    Ein: “I am you in 20 years.”
    Minato: “Really?”
    Ein: “Are you a complete idiot? We don’t even look the same. I should hit you just for that.”
    Ein devilish smile. Then Ein hits Minato with his own hand.
    Minato looks at his hand then at Ein. “I am being taken over by a poltergeist.”
    Ein hand on forehead obviously displeased. “I am not a ghost. My name is Ein.”
    Minato: “Ein?”
    Minato cuffs hand under chin obviously thinking. “Why does that sound familiar…” Ein interrupts: “The legend you just learned about ring a bell?”
    Minato blank look: “Yeah. So, what.”
    Ein displeased look again: “That would be me.”
    Minato: “Ohhh....”
    Minato blank look. “…”
    Ein: “Inside of you.”
    Minato: “NANI??? (WHAT???)”
    Ein: “It’s not like I have a choice.”
    Minato: “How is this possible? What happened?”
    Ein: “Don’t know. Don’t care.”
    Minato: “What did you do…”
    Ein interrupts: “Kid, I am inside of you. So...”
    Minato: …