Music Chinese Pop Music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Teddz, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Just wondering if some people on the boards enjoy chinese pop?

I am chinese born, so I listen to Chinese pop...sometimes. ( I have a gigantic mixture of music: Rock, Hardrock, Heavy Metal, Dance, Trance, Hardhouse, J-pop, C-Pop, Ballads etc etc...)

I enjoy artists like:

Tension, Elva, Jolin Choi, Coco Lee etc etc..

Anyone out there who enjoys Chinese Pop? :)

- Teddz

2. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Well, never heard any, but I love J-Pop! I'm trying to find out about this Sweets for my spitz thing because I have a lot of music from that album...

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Ooooo yeah! As a lover of Jap and Chinese music I'm going to spill out the artists that I listen to...

Chinese

Kelly Chan --- Favourite female singer
    Jackie Cheung
    Andy Lau
    Faye Wong --- Singer of 'Eyes on Me' (FF8) if you didn't know...

Japanese

Kuraki Mai - pretty good Jap-pop singer
    Luna Sea
    T.M Revolution
    Yoko Kanno
    Kujiura Yuki
    See - saw

4. Kaori

Kaori New Member

yup, i listen to Cpop. I really like Cantopop too, although I find it sometimes hard to understand ^^;

I like artists like Jay Chou, Ronald Cheng, Jackie Cheung, Andy Lau, Tension, and Nicholas Tse. (yea..i know they're all guy artists...)

Anyways...I was wondering...is there really such things as CRock?? I mean, I know of Silver Ash (yay!) but they're a visual band and their music isn't really er...."hard" enough for me ^^;

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I can't really think of any C rock artists. Its very rare and even if it's good they aren't that famous. C Pop is more popular along with soft tranquil music.

If you like Jap music Luna Sea is a rock band.

6. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

I listen to some C-pop...sometime. ^^;; I rarely listen to C-pop. I like them, I just don't listen to it very much.

7. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

My first try of Chinese pop was 4InLove, which are four young women who often sing all at once. It sounds nice, and some of their love songs are really good. (Their youngest singer has a cute singing voice.) Then I tried Kelly Chen, and I like a few of her songs. Yuki Hsu is pretty good; I first got exposed to her through her collaborative song "Can't Wait" with rapper Yoo Seung Joon. I thought her voice was really nice so I downloaded tons of her songs (she has a LOT of songs). Her personal style is a lil bit too colorful for me, but I do like some of her serious love songs, like "Heartbreak Pudding," and "Friendship Card."

Probably my favorite trio is S.H.E. I don't have a whole lot of their good songs, but the cool thing about them is that each of the three women have a different sounding voice... one is kinda high, another is kinda tomboyish, and the other is normal. They did the Chinese version of the song "Brown Eyes" (orig. made popular by Destiny's Child), and they do a really great job at it. Plus, it uses the same exact music which actually matches with Chinese!

8. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I always wanted to listen to metal from another country, are there like chinese metal bands?

9. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Well hard to say, Chinese metal bands are few.

But there's F.I.R. - one of China's biggest bands. They are like...Chinas " Do As Infinity "