CLAMP Works Cho: Anime or Manga

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvs_toya, Jan 1, 2004.

1. luvs_toya

luvs_toya New Member

I own the first manga of Chobits and I hate it! No offence but I really dont like how its written or how the characters are introduced in the story... I guess its a matter of opinion but I really love the anime series. Chobits is probably my fav anime next to Rurouni. The anime series is hilarious but is so different then the actual books. Why is that??? Anyways I was thinking about buying a book later in the series but wasnt sure if it would be worth 10 dollas.. So whats your opinion which is better Anime or Manga?

Warning One. Please read the "Important: Thread Labeling" Sticky - Arc

2. beautiful*blond

beautiful*blond New Member

I think the Manga is more descriptive and keeps you on the edge more. The Anime is all over the place, but I love them both anyway!

3. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

It really goes to the viewers/readers prefrences. I think both are extremely well done. Granted, I like watching the anime more. I'm not much of a reader, and I can understand it more if the pictures are 'connected' per say. Buttt. The art is more fun to look at in the manga -- I mostly go for the art for that. All in all, I go for the anime more. I like to hear the voices and suchhh.

Chii?

4. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

Totally manga. There is too many animes which originate from mangas.

5. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Each has its own strong points.

I personally like the manga so much better.

But i think the anime is better in the aspect of Sumomo's cuteness.

But, overall... manga

6. Karmi

Karmi New Member

I havn't really seen the anime but it looks very intresting. I read the whole manga though so I would rather go with that first.

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Both are great. I watched the anime first and I really liked it. Now, so far, I'm reading the second volume of the manga. I think that manga is winning :D . It seems that it says much more than the anime so:

It's better the manga :)

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I preffer the anime version better. I dont know why, it just felt like it did more than the manga. Heh!

-KaiyonTormentor

9. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

Got Chi?

I am currently reading the manga.. I reached chapter 57 and I don't see myself stopping, yeah it's that interesting and funny.. I was thinking of purchasing the anime series when I'm done with the manga.

10. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I finished reading the manga. Now I think that both complement each other. I recommend you watching the Anime first and later the Manga to clear some important points.

11. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

they're both good.
    in the bit where hideki resets chi it's more dramatic and takes longer. but the book is... I don't know why it's better it just is.

Q: why is shimbos laptop called plum in the manga and sumomo in the anime?

12. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

I prefer manga over animes. I like the original works of Clamp and I enjoy admiring their art. You can't really catch that in animes.

13. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

I found myself preferring the Manga over the Anime though I like both. I appreciated the way they were drawn more than I did in the Anime.

14. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Gah. To be honest, I absolutely couldn't STAND the anime. I thought it was horribly cheesy when it attempted to be funny, and I didn't like how it was animated. I saw 8 episodes and totally lost interest. The manga was definetely better to me, in this case... I loved the manga.

15. Hoshi-kun

Hoshi-kun New Member

I've only seen 4 episodes of the anime, so I can't judge how good it is. I have, however, read all 8 volumes of the manga so I can say the manga is better. CLAMP's artwork is just stunning on paper and the ending was a pretty interesting one. The plot, while a bit farfetched at times, was addicting. I might get the rest of the anime soon, so my opinion may change.