Video Games Clarify, Please

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, May 5, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

A friend of mine's father recently bought a Neo-Geo Pocket via internet. All of his games are in Japanese. Has this system never been commercially released outside of Japan (forcing him to play Japanese games) or is he just playing games he can't understand for no reason?

2. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

It was released in the states(and also europe). It bombed on it's release though, so there are only around 20 games for it.
    Personaly, I prefer the GBA.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Has the Wonder Swan color been release at the US or is it only fer Japan. hmm I've never seen a Neo-Geo Pocket before. *gasp* ofcourse only at the V-game magazines...

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the neogeo pocket died horribly state side...my bf bought one so he could get metal slug and be happy...

wonderswan is only japan right now, unless you import...a freind i work with has 2...both ff versions...(special editions...each is customized for each of the ff...so, one has the ff1 logo in the corner...and the other has something from ff2 in the upper right i think...there's a phrase and pic...) i hope that comes over cause the graphics are beautiful and it's a bit easier to see the screen than the gba)

my 2 cents

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I don't think WonderSwan's leaving Japan commercially. I heard Squaresoft already has plans to release the Final Fantasy remakes on GBA.

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

!!! that would be awesome! they're remade sooooo nice! ff1 looked really good.