Debate Cloneing. Right. Or Wrong.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Feb 26, 2006.

?

Poll closed as polls in a debate forum are rather pointless.

1. Because if they only reflect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. the opinions of a person and are not a valid in a debate for any reason.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

I was just wondering what you guys thought on cloneing im not sure what to think. in a way i feel its wrong but sometimes i think we should clone for endangered species

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

:dizzy2: I don't know..something really bad or dangerous could happen if we screw with mother nature so I say wrong.

3. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I actually see nothing wrong with it. Cloning is not where an exact replica of something in everyway is instantly made. It's where an organism with the exact same DNA as the organism being cloned is born through a process. It's not like if I were cloned that the clone could take over my life or something. I mean, it would be a baby, it couldn't take my identity even if it wanted to.

I'm kinda speculous on how cloning endangered animals could help them, because the organisms have the same DNA which means if they give birth to more then because the DNA is the same, they'll get all kinds of conditions from sex-linked traits.

4. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

I beileve it is wrong. If they mess up,they could hurt alot of people. And thats the last thing we need.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

A clone would be the perfect example of a Homunculus. A living doll without a soul.

Should we use it to replace people? No.

Should we create them? Not sure. They do mention that the Homunculi are known as the 'damned'. It would be a lot of trouble, even if it could be created succesfully....

-Seishin

6. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

I'm saying both a yes and a no because even though cloning can help us with animals that are about to be wiped out, there are some many things that can go wrong. Plus, there are greedy people out there that will try to clone people for armies and could very well take over the world with just that. You have to be careful with cloning because either it will go wrong in one way or some evil, greedy man will try to take over the world with it. Take Star Wars for example, in the Clone Wars, the Jedi used the clone army to win the war but the clones later on turned on the Jedi and almost wiped them out.

7. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

It seems to me that some of you don't know that much about how cloning works.

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/cloning.shtml

The section called "Reproductive Cloning" is the section for the meathod of cloning we would use to clone something. There is no "difficulty" in making a clone. As stated in the Reproductive Cloning section, a clone of a tadpole was made in 1952.

To summarize the cloning process: Take a female gamete (egg) of the species you want cloned. Take the DNA out of a cell in the organism you want cloned. Put the DNA into the egg. Use static electricity to stimulate the egg so it divides. When the embryo reaches an acceptable level, you put it into a surrogate mother. The product is a newborn with the same DNA as the organism being cloned.

Please, do elaborate on that because I don't see how that could be true.

8. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Ok,lets say there cloning cows(Which they are). Now if somthing went wrong with the milk they were getting from the cow's,like a disease or somthing,and this milk is being shipped all over the united states,people would drink the milk and get sick,and if its fatal,then alot of people will die. Or if they clone pets,and they have brain problems or somthing that develop over time,they could attack people. These are the reasons why I think cloning is wrong.

9. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Some cloning are easier than others. You may be able to clone a plant easly but if you clone a human, it might go wrong. I haven't even heard of cloning humans but still I think that cloning a human is something that could lead the end of mankind. It can because people will fight over the right to clone people and sooner or later it will be the down fall of us.

10. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Clones aren't radioactive or anything. If there's something wrong with the clones, then there would most likely be something wrong with the thing that was cloned. And if someone cloned something like that, then they're a complete moron. Cloning isn't some kinda act against the gods. If it were, we wouldn't be able to do it.

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Not true at all at all.

See people think that cloning is an exact copie of a person animal or plant.. But its not an exact copy..

All they are doing is taken a sample of blood and bassically Creating what would happen if Sperm fertalized an Egg.. So when the baby is born yeah i will look more like an Identical twin.. But Based on how its raised gives it its own personality and soul..

the closest thing you will ever see to a true clone is an Identical Twin brother/sister..

12. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I think this poll is too wide. Cloning what? Humans? Animals? I'm for animal cloning, but the least generations possible (read-as: one). But regarding humans, the ethical implications are enourmous, and there's this fuzzy line between right and wrong, and nobody seems to care anymore.

13. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I agree with Luvweaver on this point. Some say it would be an act against God and others say if oculd save people. Human cloning technically is illegal as well. But here's the question for some of those poeple. If cloning was an act against God, why did he give man the power to do so?

14. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

For the same reason he didn't prevent Cain from killing Abel. It's something called "Free will".

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I know there was another thread about this, see if I can get Ciel to fix it for us...

Cloning is a tough subject, I know. At this point in time it's still fairly infant stages, and clones tend to experience a great many problems.

I think if the technology could be perfected, it would be acceptable (to me) in very limited circumstances. Say, cloning a healthy liver to replace someone's cancerous one, or something. I don't think cloning an entire person is acceptable.

As far as being an act against God... I don't believe in God so :p

16. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Cloning should be allowed IF:
    A) The person has full knowledge of it, and consented.
    B) If it is done for a good reason, such as medical reasons. (No, not talking The Island medical reasons...-_-)
    C)If this is done for kicks and giggles, then so be it. As long as it is done with the consent of the person cloned.

The big question would be, would clones have the same rights as the rest of the race? Would they be used for cheap labor? Sick fantasies? Could you kill your own clone and get away with it legally?

See, it would cause so much conflict among various groups of people..But it may be worth it in some cases. Cloning people for certain things may end up being more beneficial then some may believe.

And god...

God has nothing at all to do with it. If there is nothing in the torah to say I am not allowed to clone myself, then I'm all fine with the big guy upstairs.

17. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I think cloning is wrong, because it's messing with nature. It's like people being able to chose the gender of their child before it's born - it's unnatural and it's like giving people the power to play god.

18. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Hey....we can play god for a while.

We've come as far as to create life with our hands. But I believe that instead of putting effort in cloning, maybe we should concentrate more on other issues. You see now how the bird flu is starting to be feared, AIDS is still out, we should be trying to tackle these infectious diseases. Cloning should be the least of our priorities, unless....theres something I dont know about here.

On a side note, cloning sounds cool. Being able to replicate something I think shows that you have gained more of an understanding of it. So maybe in the process, we could have learned more about ourselves.

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

[thread=16133]This[/thread] thread exists again :p