Comic Book Cancelled

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Unfortunately, because of declining sales and dropping out of the Top 50, Top Cow is going to cancel the "Battle of the Planets" title after Issue #12. The last issue should be hitting the comic book shops in mid-August.

Now, all is not lost. Top Cow is already put the plans into motion to have a six-issue mini-series staring in November titled "G-Force." This will contain the "Battle of the Planets" characters in a six-part arc. Beyond that will be determined by the remaining sales of "Battle of the Planets" and the "G-Force" mini-series.

If sales of the last five issues of "Battle of the Planets" shoot up, the title may be saved. Issue #1 debuted at #1 for that week, and for it to be out of the Top 50 with Issue #6 is a huge drop. If you know people who have bought this book and have stopped, try to get them to reconsider. Sales is the only thing that will get this title going past Issue #12.

I'll keep everyone updated as I find out more information, but this is the plan as it stands now. Perhaps with a popularity surge with the new series this fall, the comic title will have a resurgence. We'll have to see. But please do your part and get as many books bought as you can.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

*sigh* One of the problems when dealing with dropped sales is that it's hard to get those who have stopped buying to begin again. I think in this case, it isn't the mainstream fanbase that's dropped, but the people who buy piles of comics. We'll just have to do our part and try to convince people to buy the comic while buying it ourselves. I've been informed that though the comic is being cancelled, there will still be one-shots and other single issues being released after the comic is dropped. If those prove successful, and the new series does as well, then maybe they'll continue it.
    Elvin

3. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I hope they'll release the 12/6-issue sets in a trade paperback.

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I would think they would be, although the two will probably be separate.

Top Cow released (I think) the old Gold Key comics in a black and white trade. Did anyone pick that up?

Mark

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Nope. *sigh* Have to make decisions on just exactly how I'm going to boost the economy. Unfortunately, it didn't make the cut. Such sadness, such sorrow. If only...if only...if only I were rich and prosperous. Heck, if only I'd one that Dynamic Forces shopping spree. Then I'd be able to get all of the BotP products. ^_^ And to quote Susie from Calvin Hobbes, "And while I'm at it I'd like a pony too". Poor Susie. Surely someone on this board got it, right? Anyways, I would like for the sets to be in paperback. They're so much easier to keep track of. Ah well, we can only hope that the next set does better. That's my main goal, anyways.

Elvin

6. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Do you know if that trade paperback was released yet, Elvin?

Mark

7. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Yeah, you can find it here . It's been out for a while, but the publicity hasn't been great. I *might* have heard about it on another website, but I think I just saw it while surfing the df site. Anyways, I don't know anything about these comics, so I won't try to pretend I do. ^_^ Hope that helps,
    Elvin

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Yes, it does. Thank you!