Video Games Consoles

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Heero Yui, Mar 22, 2002.

?

Which console is the best ?

1. X-Box

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Gamecube

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Playstation 2

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

:dizzy2: 3 Consoles out now , which one in your opinion is the best and which would you buy ??
    :confused: Not sure but dident we have this poll before ???

2. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

This can be kinda hard for me...

On XBox -
    First of all XBox is out..because it was made in America (made by Microsoft), and so it doesn't have any of the oddly created/cool Japanese games (not to mention the odd/fun ideas that the Japanese come up with ^^) and XBox freezes SO much...Damnable Microsoft...My computer is a great example of XBox ^^;;

On GameCube -

Im probably going to vote for this one...I grew up with Nintendo, and always will love it. Oh the Memories...the pictures of my butt hanging over the side of the couch...First Nintendo conroller in hand...O.O Anyway!!! (I was only 5 alright?!) Anyway...
    Of course, acouple days after GC came out, I had to go get it...GREAT Graphics...The only problem is, No DVD player, and no CD player...

On PS2 -
    What if you already have a DVD player? Who needs 2? That adds $100 to the cost...Games are not as well done as everyone thought, but there are A TON of games for PS2..

Overall, I had to vote for GC ^^ Sorry for the long rambling..

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Gamecube. It's the clear choice for non-dumbasses.

4. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

ALL OF THEM ARE OK BUT NOTHING I CAN SAY:

PS2

I DIDN'T PLAY

GC OR X-BOX

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

PS2 is the way to go... For those who don't remember the sony playstation it send sega and nintendo 64 to an early grave,
    And whats better then being able to play all the old sony games on the ps2.
    the games graphics mite not be the best out of the three, but they have way better replay value.

Ive played the x-box and well the controler sucks for one thing.. the games dont have much depth to them. did not like it at all.. and im not suporting Microsoft anymore..

Game cub.. BAH I say BAH im tired of playing the same damn game all the time just with new graphics.. Nintendo lost all the rights to the good games when 64 stayed with its stupid cartridge idea,

PS2 all the way!

KaMeKaZi

PLay with the best Become the Best!

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Bitter Ranting from GNZ ...

X-Box ... let's see, first I'll say I'm not a Microsoft fan. Not that that affects my choice any, as I don't really like Sony too much these days either. I'll just stick the the truth from, from a certain point of view, and say things as I see them.
    The X-Box has a bad controller. It's like a PSX controller on crack. The system itself is ugly, and showing off a big X is just trying too hard to be cool. It's bad enough to see musicians like Xzibit and Limp Bizkit with their stupid letters, but do game systems need to do it too?
    The games are also pretty bad-looking. A good deal of them are very blurry and distorted. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong games, though. The only one I really think is worth my time is Dead Or Alive 3.

Game Cube ... As I've said before, I played one of these at my cousin's once, and it's horrible. The same [PURAZUMA!] over and over again ... just a bit shinier. The controller is the worst layout I've ever seen, from the oversized A button to the miniscule B. The tiny little discs are just stupid. They made them to protect against burning, but I know people who can already pirate GC games this early on.
    I've lost a lot of faith in Nintendo as a company over the last few years. They should just be thankful that they have the Pokémon franchise to keep them going, not to mention a total monopoly on the portable gaming market (except maybe for the horribly overpriced PS1, maybe).

PlayStation 2 ... for the first time in ages, I made a good choice in my gaming hardware and bought a PS2. It's a great investment, methinks. Sure, some of the games suck, but it has amazing audio, great graphics, cool controllers, and a whole lot more alliteration that I'm not even going to get into.
    Sony also has the developer support I need in a game system. Unlike the two-thirds of nearby London, Ontario's population, I don't have rich parents or more money than I can fit in the trunk of my Jaguar, and therefore can only afford one system, so it has to be good. I need a diverse game selection if a system is going to hit my list of purchases, and Sony's the only one who delivered.

Let me note, however, that in the entire time I have been involved in video games, I have never had problems with any Nintendo products breaking down on me, and that's in about 12 years or something like that. I sold my old NES last summer, and it worked just as well as on the day we got it. My PS2, on the other hand, broke down after I had it for only about a year, and it's costing me over $200 to fix it. And then there's Microsoft, the company who has sold me a total of [1] working product(s), and a whole pile of junk software and the like.

On the whole, the PS2's the best system. Just don't ever use it unless you want it's laser to short out and burn your house down.

7. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Im going to get an X-Box to be different because everyone keeps getting PS2's , i find the X-box better in every way to the PS2 accept in the selection of games , major downfall is that no Final Fantasy's are comin out for the X-box, But Halo and DOA3 look good , havent seen any RPG's comin out for it though:(

8. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

[PURAZUMA!]! I forgot about Halo. That one looked pretty cool as well.
    But what do you say about all those people who bought X-Boxes around Christmas, only to find that the consoles didn't work? At least a PS2'll run for a bit before conking out.

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Halo is not as cool as it looks.. I played it a while back.. the graphics are cool and all but the plot story line blows.. its not Better the Quake....

Hard to control with that stupid controler to..

KaMe

10. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I went with PS2 for several reasons, alot of them that have already been posted.
    Gamecube & X-Box have at least one thing in common:
    Controllers. I hate those controllers!

PS2: Those wonderful, wonderful, marvellous controllers. ["It's like a bathtub waving at me! A bathtub full of hope! Not to mention it's so dark & dirty in all this dirty darkness. :D"]
    Made just to fit in your hand.

Gamecube & X-Box VS. Playstation 2: The games. No FF10! I'm basically one for RPGs and with Playstation there's no end to them! The playstation 2 I'm probably going to buy comes with three games, a motorcycle racing game, a fighting game & an RPG called Orphen.

Playstation 2: You can play the old PS games with better graphics. Duh! What's better than the already amazing graphics of say...FF9, with better, smoother, softer lined graphics?
    Also, the DVD player is a plus when you have outdated parents like mine.

In my mind & heart: PLAYSTATION 2 the uncontested winner!

Sorry for being so long & ranty! :)

11. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Squaresoft, Sony, Skuld

All begin with S.. hehe :sweat2:

I'm with the PS2!;)
    Well the anime DVD's I buy are NTSC and my PS2 can play them far better than my PAL DVD player...
    Contoller by far the best I ever handled.

FINAL FANTASY X, GRADIA X( coming soon), Kingdom of hearts(coming soon), Onimusha1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid 2.... My fav games are all at the PS2. Not to mention that it can play PSX games more efficiently.

MY advise: select a console for the games you want to play on not the company that produces it, if The game cube has all you fav game then you might want to choose it.

Anyways PS2 fer me! "Don't underestimate the power of the PS." is that right? :sweat:

12. Musashi

Musashi New Member

welll, i dont have any opinion........

I LIKE ALL THE SYSTEMS FOR THEIR BEST QUALITIES!!!!!!!!:dizzy2:

13. Yuna

Yuna New Member

I luv PS2

Still didn't try out my new X-box cause of school and stuff... exams, tests, homeworks etc... So far I'm a PlayStation lover!
    Especially when Final Fantasy X is out for PS2! and almost all SquareSoft games are out on Sony's console...
    YAY Fer Sony!!

14. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

i cant decide :sweat2:
    i have them all ... and dont know which is the best
    however ... PS2 is likely to be the best

PS2 : Onimusha 1 + 2, ICO, FFX, FFXI, MGS2, Maximo, Kingdom Hearts, Jak and Daxter... missed out anything? :p

Gamecube : Super Smash Bros, Luigi's mansion (to an extent) and cant forget ZELDA!!!

Xbox: Jet Set Radio Future (only best game so far.. AND IT TOTALLY ROCKS!)

:D

15. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Must be nice to be able to afford ALL 3 consoles. good lord.. ill be lucky if i can afford one come summer!

but if i get one it will be the PS2

KamE

16. Kraken

Kraken Guest

have to go with ps2. FFX and all that. plus i dont have a dvd and yeah i know the dvd in the ps2 is kinda ****é but it will do me grand.

17. bogdantab

bogdantab New Member

yeah, sure, halo looks good, and ico looks even better.
    but they pale in comparison to the mighty Rogue Leader!
    and pikmin is sooo lovable!
    all hail king GameCube!

ps. controller doesnt suck.
    and how come dreamcast is not on the list? soulcalibur still best fighting game ever!

18. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

lets see....

Xbox - Just another money making scheme from Gates, who doesn't care about his buyers, just the money he makes >.< I'm played a little on Xbox.... I was inpressed with graphics, but even before Xbox was released I never liked it... its from Microsoft, Microsoft = Evilness

Gamecube - I haven't played it yet? but I would like too, Luigi's Mansion and Smash Brothers Melee looks cool, the graphics are wow, but I have to say that I'll always be a......

PS2 BOI! I used to have a PSX, before that a Snes. they both always had the better games. they were THE consoles for rpgs and whacked out anime games.... plus they all had FF! and with a PS3 on the way I think I'll be sticking with Sony for quite a while yet

19. c0ke

c0ke New Member

PS2 has to be my choice.
    I wont repeat what many of you have already repeated, but no one here mentioned Devil May Cry now that is a sick game.
    As for X-Box and Game Cube. Look at their prices, they dropped as soon as they were released. Most of their games have no replay value, and I haven't seen one good RPG from either of them.

Of course if you're a graphic fiend (who my friend is) go for X-box.
    and If you want RE remake, go for Game Cube, but if you want a good system, you know.

Just a little side note:

If you remember when SNES ruled the console world, Nintendo, Sony, and Disney made this game with Mickey Mouse. It was right before SNES died. Well after they made that game Sony came up to Nintendo and proposed to make a system called Nintendo Playstation, and stupidly Nintendo declined, because they thought any console that uses CDs die instantly. (If any of you remember Jaguar died couple of months after its release, and there was a system by Panasonic called Panasonic Real that also died after its release) So Sony decided to make the system themselves and it was called Sony Playstation.

20. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

PS2 for: The Bouncer, FF10, Dynasty Warriors 3
    i have no objections with any other concole, but i love the Japanese tilt that PS2 games usually have.