Computers Converting rm to AVI

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Phalanx, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I cannot find a program that can convert .rm file formats into AVI file formats. If it helps any, I want to create some VCDs. I have a guide, but nowhere does it mention anything about rm files. I had one a while ago, but unfortunatly I couldn't finish with it before the time on it expired and I had to pay them to continue using it. Does anyone know of another way to convert rm's into avi's?

2. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Offhand I don't know of any. RealMedia is a <insert bad word here> format. I think Sorcyness found something that did it, I know he was mentioning it earlier. You might give him a PM.

If no one's found you anything by tomorrow night I'll have time to take a look, but right now I'm about half dead.

- Ark

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I talked to sorcyness about it earlier today. Unless he's holding out on me, he was out of luck either.

Just to cut down on needless search time the converter I used was by "Boilsoft" and was just called "RM converter".

Thanks for looking into it Ark.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Use TINRA (This Is Not Real Audio) to do the conversion:
    http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/rm2avi.html

Apparently very CPU-Intesive, though, as the user in the bottom of the article comments. Dropped frame rates can make the resulting avi of lesser quality than the original RM. :(

And the program only can create an Uncompressed format, meaning, you'll also have to compress the reuslting file again with VirtualDub to make it worthwhile...

5. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Gah, I completely forgot I was gonna follow up on this. Teach me to make promises at 3am again... :p Thanks BMS, I should've found that a few days ago but forgot.

- Ark