Coolest Attack

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Teddz, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Kenshins best technic?

All you Kenshin fans out there....

which one do you think it's kenshins most "powerful" and useful technic?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I always liked the "Ryu Tsui Sen", the technique he used in the Samurai X movie. It shows his speed very well, and it looked awesome.

But, I suppose his strongest technique would be the Succession Technique he uses to stop Hiko from doing that "final" technique on Kenshin.

3. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

The Battu-jutsu Ama Kakeru Ryu No Hirameki! ^^ Which is the only way to block the Kuzu Ryu Sen

4. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i liked (Ryu_Tsui_Sen):D

like:strong and speedy

5. RuRoKeN

RuRoKeN New Member

well it's well known that the most powerful technique is The Battu-jutsu Ama Kakeru Ryu No Hirameki,even though my best is "kuzu ryu sen" cz it combines 9 attacks in one

6. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i think that kuzu ryu sen is the most powerful technique..

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

For this I'm going with Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki, I mean it's the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu succession so I don't think you could get more powerful than it.

*spoilers*
    It awesome when he kicked some butt against Shishio with it, and how Aoshi said that he felt good after being hit with it(pretty strange there though). This is probably the hardest to pull off too because he has to be in the right state of mind for it too...

8. Hitokiri_Battou

Hitokiri_Battou New Member

of course the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu Ougi Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki is his most powerful technique but in terms of practical and doable techniques i would say the Ryu Tsui Sen (Dragon Hammer Slash) because almost all swordsmen of the period had a blind spot from the air although the 9 points on the body cosidered vital spots were studied through out all forms of japanese swordsmanship from Tennen Rishin Ryuu to Shinto Ryuu, very few schools taught how to defend from an air attack

9. Kenshin Himura

Kenshin Himura New Member

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Well, I am really embarrassed to say that I don't know the difference between each one and what they are called :sweat:, but I know that I liked them all!! :D

11. Hubatus

Hubatus New Member

I like the kuzu ruy sen.

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

There are quite a few techniques in the Hiten Mitsrugi School of Kenjutsu. Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu means Heavens Honorable Sword Flow. first off most of the Hiten School is based off of the technique called Battou Jutsu, today its called Iai Jutsu or Iaido. Iai/Battou means draw and do means the way in which you learn. jutsu means technique.and ill also lay out the basics of the Japanese Sword.

The Nihontou (Nihon=Japan/Japanese Tou=Sword)
    The japanese sword originated in the Nara Period (646-794 A.D.). Actually the first truely Japanese Sword orginated then before that swords were imported from China and had chinese koshirae (Fittings). The japanese sword was made with grace and elagance but also practicality. first of all its made with a curve away from the edge making it so that the swordman could draw and strike all in one fluid motion. With English Broad swords and many other straight swords of the period it was very hard to draw fast and strike like the katana. Although many arts used straight bladed swords to amazingly fast martial arts like Tai Chi. Also most swords were forged so that the edge could take a razor sharoness and hold it where as the mune or back of the sword was soft so that it could bend and not break. therefore they are considered the best swords ever made because of these factors. also in English fencing the sword is built to stab were as the katana was meant as a slashing sword and could easily cut bamboo in one cut if dont properly. now for parts of the japanese sword. The tip of the blade is called the "kissaki". The Sharp edge is called the "ha". The back edges is called the "mune". The wavy design on the ha is called the "hamon" and is a temper mark. The blade is measured from the Kissaki to the mune machi which is where the blade ends and the "nakago" or the tang begins. the "sori" is the depth of the curve. ive said this in my other post and ill say it in this one. the Sakabatou is not a possible sword. you cannot have a springy front and a hard back because the sword will just break. also in Kenshin Episode 11 or manga 4 Kenshin grabs the sakabatou on the blade and uses it to counter Aoshi's speed with his Kodachi however had it been a regular katana that would have worked because when he would strike the edge would be facing Aoshi's sword and not have hurt Kenshin's hand however with a sakabatou the shock of the two swords meeting would have severed Kenshins thumb and part of his palm totally off.

Now with that in mind ill try to outline all of kenshins techniques. First you have the basics
    Ryuu Tsui Sen
    the user jumps into the air, at the peak of the jump (the point at which there is no air or gravity resistence, the user reverses postions so that the sword is held with one hand stretched downward and the other other hand grasping the handle of the sword behind the tsuba (hand gaurd) kissaki point toward into the air. then just before contact both hands are placed on the handle and it delivers a crushing blow to the head or shoulders. Now in Kenjutsu most school taught very little about defending from an ariel attack so therefore the Ryuu Tsui Sen is a very useful move.
    Ryuu Tsui Sen-Zan a dirivitive of the original Ryuu Tsui Sen basicly instead of a downward slash it is a downward stab kissaki(blade tip) first.
    Ryuu Shou Sen
    The user grasps the handle at the end and using the other hand places it on the mune (back edge of the blade) so that the sharp edge is facing up. Then jumping or thrusting with the help of the left hand the sword is thrust at the target. again this is a very useful move because of the swiftness and the fact that it's an effective anti air move.
    Sou Ryuu Sen
    The Sou Ryuu Sen if a nidan battou jutsu (a second level battou jutsu) Holding the katana in the scabbard in a traditional Battou Jutsu stance (a traditional Battou Jutsu stance would be with the Right leg forward and crouching back on the left leg sword in the left hand with the blade pushed out just past the friction point and the right hand out or on the handle. now when drawn theres a possibility that you'll miss therefore instead of leaving youself totally open you swing the saya forward and strike with it. again this is a very useful move although if you were skilled enough chances are you wouldnt miss the primary strike.
    Sou Ryuu Sen-Ikatsuchi
    this is also a dirivitive in which you lead with the saya using it as more of a distraction while landing the blow with the katana.
    Hi (pronounced hee) Ryuu Sen
    this is a left handed battou jutsu. its used as more of a suprise attack than anything else. Spinning in the to the left the user then slams his thumb into the tsuba (hand gaurd) and propels the sword at his/her opponent.
    Ryuu Kan Sen
    this move is a split second reaction move. When attacked the user block the opponents sword and spins to the right while moving toward the opponents back. Then the katana is brought around and slams into the base of the opponents neck. Very Lethal with a real sword.
    Ryuu Kan Sen-Tsumuji
    here the user jumps into the attack and swing around to strike the base of the neck.
    Ryuu Kan Sen-Arashi
    the user spins into a ball sword stretched out to strike the opponent
    Ryuu Kan Sen-Kogarashi
    standing in behind the opponent the user spins infront to strike in the neck.
    Ryuu Sou Sen
    a primitive form of the Kuzu Ryuu Sen (see bottom) this move basically strikes the nine vital points of the body many times at high speed.
    Ryuu Sou Sen-Garami
    this move like the Ryuu Sou Sen strikes many time at high speeds but focuses on one point.
    Dou Ryuu Sen
    this move has the user slice his or her sword very fast near the ground the movement of the sword will draw up rocks and hurl them at the opponent.
    Kuzu Ryuu Sen
    this is the first of the two ougis(succesions techniques) of the HIten Mitsurugi school. this move hits the nine vital points of the body all at once. only the Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki can defend against this.
    Ama Kakeru Ryuu no Hirameki
    This is the ultamite God Speeded Battou Jutsu. Only One who is not afraid of Death can master this technique. The Master uses the Kuzu Ryuu Sen against the user. Then the user goes into a normal Battou Jutsu Stance. Then leading with the left leg (this is highly unusual because the battou jutsu technique is taught to use the right leg to avoid being cut on the draw) the user slashes out. The force of the Blade seperates the air and draws things into it to fill the void. Then Pivoting on the left leg the user again slashes. The master usually dies in the teaching of this technique. Hiko Seijurou is an exception to this, as Kenshin uses the Sakabatou Shin Uchi(saka=reversed ba=sound change on the word "ha" which means edge tou=sword Shin Uchi=Holy Blade*.
    *when one makes a unique sword often times there are a couple copies of the blade made. The cheaper ones are sold off or given away and the master copy or the Holy sword is often dedicated to a shrine.

Rai Ryuu Sen
    a technique specially made by Amakusa Shougo. it reflects the sun or moon light off his katana into his opponents eyes blinding them.

And yes i am a aboslute Rurouni Kenshin Otaku and WAYYYYYYYY too much time on my hands ^^x;;;;;;;

oh yeah before i forget the 9 vital points on the body are

karatake
    Head
    Kesa Giri
    Left Shoulder
    Saka Gesa
    Right Shoulder
    Tsuki
    Chest
    Hidari Nagi
    Left Arm
    Migi Nagi
    Right Arm
    Hidari Kiri Age
    Left Waist
    Migi Kiri Age
    Right Waist
    Saka Kaze
    Between The Legs

no matter what style of Kenjutsu you study these will be the 9 vital points on the body
    the Ryuu Sou Sen focuses on hitting all 9 points at high speed where as the Ku Zu Ryuu Sen (9 headed Dragon Flash) hits all 9 points all at once

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Thanx for the technics, I was trying to look up for them :)
    Thank You :)

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

*bows* its quite alright its my duty as an obcessive Rurouni Kenshin fan ^^;;;

15. Battousai

Battousai New Member

The coolest attack in the entire Anime is definately in the RK movie "samurai-X" when Kenshin is fighting Shigera at the end.
    After Shigera jumps up with his Dual Cross Slice Technique Kenshin somehow amazing reverses it doing some sort of unorthadox spinning blade storm while screaming like some clip off of "Mortal Combat" Good stuff.

16. Hitokiri_Gensai

if i remember correctly that what the Ryuu Kan Sen Tsumuji

17. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

Heh I like the shuku-chi.

Damn it would be neat to be able to move that fast

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

its more than just pure speed tho. because he Soujirou is able to hide his emotions, Kenshin isnt able to read his movements. therefore his movments seemed even faster to Kenshin.

19. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

yes in a fight the ability to read a person's next move is mostly based upon their emotions...thats why when i fight i seem very emotionless like my sensei tells me