Cosplay and Conventions Cosplay Idea...?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by frommyvalentino, Dec 8, 2006.

1. frommyvalentino

frommyvalentino New Member

I'm going to Megacon, and I'm thinking of dressing up as a punk-rocker fairy. I mean, it's not really a cosplay, it's more of a costume...since I don't know of any punk rocker fairies in mangas or animes...

Hmm...

So far...I have the following:
    These wings...
    That's all I got.
    I know I might wear those fishnet stockings...and I'll have to find the rest. I'd rather wear pants...so I'm trying to find a way to get a pair of really cool looking black pants, and a corset from hot topic.

The make-up should be interesting, and I'll have to temporarily dye my hair...I'll have to see how to do that.

I'll also have to get a pair of cool boots...cause all I have are black suede knee highs, and those are def. not punk rocker. ^.^
    My best-friend is going as a gothic fairy. It's gonna rock!

MEGACON IS GONNA BE SWEETTT!!

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

As I've not read it, I cannot say for sure, but the manga "Princess Ai" has a character that certainly looks like a punk rocker fairy. Though, her wings are feathered and don't look like that. I think I've seen a character with that look before, but to be honest, I have no idea where. 'Twould look interesting though, certainly.

3. frommyvalentino

Really now? Hmm...I should look that up, and then I won't feel all sticking outish. Thank you. ^.^ I think it'll be fun for multiple reasons:
    1. I'm not girly, nd thus me in anything slightly girly is a rare thing.
    2. I'll be all punk rockerish! Who doesn't love that? Lol.

But yeah.
    Thankies for replying *feels loved now*

4. Fushigi Rockna

Hmmm...I've seen wings like that before as well in an anime...can't put my finger on where tho...Or maybe it was just on gaia, lol XDDD

Don't really worry about feeling outish. I see people at conventions who only go as Goth Lolitas. It's no big deal. It does help tho to be some sort of character.

But as Baph said, best check out Princess Ai. It's a very punk-rockish, gothic style manga...what else would you expect from Courtney Love?

5. frommyvalentino

Alright, as soon as I either a. find someone with Princess Ai, or b. Find a freaking comic book store in this town I am now forced to call home, then I will check it out