could battle be computer-generated

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jul 10, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

hello fans i have a question i no that asking a question like this is stupid but in your minds as being anime fans if possibles if sandy frank wanted to put the original battle of the planets into computer-generated form, would it mess up the picture quailty or will it help it out to a certain extient

2. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I think it would really depend on which company Sandy Frank got to do the CGI for them. I can go both ways on this topic. Some CGI can be very good---Lucas and Disney have proved that, but some can really be aweful.

Take the new Voltron 3D. I was not happy with that presentation of the series at all. I felt WEP could have done a much better job with such a good storyline.

In the end, maybe they should just keep the old version as is. It is possible to clean it up without having to alter its classic style.

Vic

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

last question about battle of the planets

thanks for anwsering my question i recieved two emails from SFE and the both read as following

We will go back to the original Japanese GATCHAMAN masters for video quality.

Phil

The Bommerang version will be the original version you remember, with no changes, just inproved video quality. The feauture will invclude the CGI Zark and new voicing for him.

Phil

based on the two messages what exactly does he mean and what is improved video quailty