Computers Css...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Zanza, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I was upgrading my site to a christmas theme.. but it needed a CSS codes or something, so I uploaded the file and copied the code there in Geocities, does geocities use these kind of stuff or there was something wrong in the CSS code??

Here is the code, if you know anything about CSS, I'll appreciate the help :)
    Arigatou.. :)

2. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Geocities lets you use CSS. ^_^ I use it myself.

I think what's missing is at the very top of the code. Begin your code with:
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    (and proceed with your code)

Or just:
    <style>
    <!--
    (and proceed with your code)

GeoCities is great about letting you use CSS, though. ^_^ And, let me tell you, CSS is great fun! ^_^

If you ever have any other HTML-related troubles, try visiting http://www.lissaexplains.com ^_^

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

<!--
    A:link {text-decoration: none; color: #DC0026}
    A:visited {text-decoration: none; color: #DC0026}
    A:active {text-decoration: none; color: #DC0026}
    A:hover {background-color: #DC0026; text-decoration: none; cursor: help; color:#ffffff;}-->
    </style>

ok, lemme higlight the things ya don't need, then it should work right. just remove those. thsoe are used if you're doing javascript, which you aren't, you're doing css. *^-^*
    it also will allow you to upload .css files, but it won't recognize them outright.
    ... i was looking at phoxs(it wasn't theere when i started the post here lol. you must be doing an embedded one...hehe i thought you were doing an external one. hehehe umm.///nm i guess

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Thanx you two ^^

But I am not sure if it really worked, can you take a look?

5. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

Whats u say is an alien???
    anyhoo kewl site :D

6. Stardust Phox

It didn't work, and I can see why -- you're using PageBuilder, the evil PageBuilder! I don't like PB. It's so slow, and it's so...yeah. Anyway.

This is a page I created using GoeCities' "File Manager" thing: Yume no Senshi ni Naru.

Your scrollbar codes are supposed to make the scrollbar colorful, like the one there. If you want to, you can right click and select "view source" and copy/paste my code to your site, altering my specifics to fit yours. Of course, I'm horrible with layouts and the like, so your absolutely gorgeous made-of-many-pics pic of that anime girl is something I can't help you with. On the bright side, you can make it ultra-colorful...^__^;;

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

IMO, the best thing to do, is to put all that css code into a different file, and then have something like this in your html file:

PHP:
    <link media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="zanza.css" />
    That would go between the <head></head> tags, and zanza.css would be the file with the code...

8. Bau

Bau New Member

9. Stardust Phox

Try http://www.lissaexplains.com/

She has this incredibly long CSS code available for people to copy/paste. When you get the hang of it just go to any site you really really like and check out their codes. I've learned a lot that way. ^_^;;;

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Unfortunately(?), blink is a non-standard attribute for HTML, and as such not supported by many browsers...IE won't do blink just as old versions of Netscape won't do hovers...

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

just remember, not all browsers handle css the same way. aol's browser may not like the more current css definitions, so it could just be that. i recomend trying it in a different browser, like mozilla, netscape or IE. (all current versions should support it now. netscape 7 does)