Movies Daredevil!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ciel, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

pardon me if there is a similar thread lying around somewhere hidden..

Has anyone else seen this movie!! It's amazing! I was sooo impressed and I totally forget Ben Affleck is Daredevil. He really does a great job acting!

When the dvd come out I'm going to get it. Plus the Hulk trailer was cool too! The guy is like big green and huge!

2. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Personally, I hated it. It was a great movie, yes, but thats 'cause it totally ripped off the first Batman movie, which in my opinion is the epitomy of greatness. :D

1. Father/Parents killed by small time hood
    2. Small time hood takes over city through crime network
    3. Becomes arch villian by the end
    4. Hero uses a rose to symbolize Father/Parents
    5. Film starts with crazy reporter investigating, cant get anyone to make a comment on record
    6. Huge battle in a church
    7. A villian falls to his death, thanks to hero, from the church

See what I mean

Ben was good, the writing needed to be original

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

But, that's almost exactly how the original Daredevil storyline goes. The only abberation is that he was trained AFTER his father died. That and Bullseye wasn't until MUCh later, and Elektra was an on again off again lover before that one scene. And Daredevil never really does take on the Kingpin and wins handily like that at all.

I personally thought it was a perfect movie for daredevil. A second rate movie for a second rate hero. I mean, it was superbly done, but he just doesn't have the greatness of Spidey, which brought marks down. And the fights were sometimes too aural and visual technicality to really make out what's going on.

4. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

The man is made of Lego. End of story.

5. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i heard it was the dumbest thing ne has ever seen, and then ive heard it was cool. i will rent it when it comes out

6. Haoshudaino

Haoshudaino New Member

Personally I thought this was not a good flick. Although Ben's, Jennifer's and Colin's, (especially Colin's) were great, the story was too short. Actually there was no story. Unlike the other superhero flicks, it does not show how he became a superhero. I mean come on, he freaking blind for goodness sakes. Hw did he make the weapons and the suit. I don't think he could've done all that. It might have mentioned in the comic, but I've never ead the comic so it should have given more detail in the movie.

7. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I liked it. I liked it a lot. It was emotional, and it was freakin' shocking, and the soundtrack was great, and the CGI didn't appear too evident (only once did it annoy me, and that was in the fighting-on-the-organ-in-the-church moment) -- MUCH unlike in Spiderman, where the CGI was so obvious it was... VERY irritating --, and it was sad.

I'm not exactly a comic book purist, nor am I that into North American comics, but I liked it! ^_^ (And in a behind-the-scenes thing, Affleck-san said the director (I think it was the director) wanted to make it sort of like a live-action anime kinda thing. ^^ Jumping from building to building proves this.)

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I (was) a huge Marvel fan...personally i think that Daredevil the movie just destroyed my hopes for great movies from marvel.
    Lets just hope that the directors who are going to direct marvel hero movies think before they film it...

9. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

i personally dont like these superhero movies but i know someone who was a sub producer thing :catgirl:

10. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I saw the movie daredevil yesterday, and it turned out to be the opposite of what I expected. I thought it would be like the X-men movie!! What I enjoyed most in the movie is Matt and his attorney friend scenes.
    ^^

11. I loved DareDevil! I even got the sound track;great music.

12. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I never thought of the story that way, but when you lay out all those points--It is a different version of BATMAN.

Leave it to hollywood....

13. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

The frist 2 Batman movies WERE awesome.Only becaue Tim Burton directed them.And Jack Nicholson was the Joker.I'm not too into comics,anymore.Besides the first 2 Batman movies,just about all the other superhero movies have been really lame and cheesy.X-Men was alright,though.

14. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I really liked Daredevil, I thought it was a very interesting show with great choreography and nice work on the sound effects for the fight scenes.

- Ark

15. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Oh my gos, your right!!! I am so pedded off now. How dare they!

I am a DC Comic person, I never read a marvel. I saw the movie, it was good, but you see it was my first official date ever when I saw this movie (and the date was horrible) So now when ever I hear DareDevil I just remmeber that bad date.

Overall, the movie was good. I liked the hole fighting scenes and that Electra girl was cool.

16. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

it wasn't only batman it seems they were combinding batman and siderman into one .

the only thing different about daredevil was he was blind with supersonic seeing abilities

i laughed they whole way through the movie myself
    my cusins were shut the Fluck up will ya lol

17. Rikugurl

Rikugurl New Member

I hate Marvel in the first place. Yet I do like X-men. And i believe that making a Spiderman movie was the stupidest thing to do. I LOVED SPIDERMAN TILL I SAW THE MOVIE! BOO!:mad:

18. username

username New Member

???

i thought it was OK. it didn't really have a point to it though. i mean the story line was pretty weak if you ask me!!