Square Enix *Dark Matter*

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Heero Yui, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Ive only gotton 1 dark matter and that was winning a blitzball league , i wanna put it on one of my weapons but i dont have enough , any one know where to find more or how much u need to put it on ?? Im at the bit where Seymour and Mika throw everyone into the maze thing , and i just beat other sorry excuse for a summoner , <-- just to say where i am in it and not too go spoiling anything :)

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I don't think there's anything close to you where you can get Dark Matters. But, if you go to the Arena (u should come to that part soon) and beat some special monsters, they can drop Dark Matters. Oh, the dude there also gives you dark matters...but that's a lot later in the game.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

what special thing do you get with dark matters onto your weapons?

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You get Break Damage Limit. I think it'd be VERY useful with a weapon with Capture. Then pair it up with Yuna with a First Strike weapon to cast haste on whoever has it...Makes dealing with Marlboros just a *little* bit easier. Good look getting all sixty though...:( I only have 5 or 6 myself...

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

those Great Marlboros in Omega Ruins can be so nasty! good thing Auron has that no ambush thing on his ultimate weapon.

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Yeah, Dark Matter can be a trick to get. I've still never managed to get enough for even one weapon.
    You want something real nasty, though? Try getting enough Wings of Discovery for everyone to have Break HP Limit. The only way you can get them is by bribing a Marlboro in the Calm Lands, and that takes 500 000 gil or something like that. It's a big number, at any rate.