RPG Archives DBZ-ish RPG (out-of-game)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Other thread too long. Need start new.
    Anyway, now that I'm back, let's rock and roll, y'alls!
    I want y'all to check in to make sure we're all still here.
    "This is DBZ Leader, standing by ..."

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

'Lu-Lu reporting! Sir!'
    *Lu-Lu does hand signal, stands at attention*

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Caracol's in da house!

*Caracol does a hand gesture snapping his fingers and pointing index fingers at DBZ leader*

4. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

*Baracol nodz*

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Sorry it's been so long, y'alls, but I was looking for a certain MIDI file to enhance the gameplay for the next scene, no luck though, so let's move on.

------------------
    Ganbare, Zanshi, Ganbare ...

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Sorry to say it, y'alls, but it may be a while before I can do this battle scene. I had some great notes written from the summer, but I LOST THEM!! [​IMG]!! Give me a few days, and I'll be fully operational.

------------------

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Ten days and a bunch a Shakespeare monologue later, I've found my notes, and we're back online.
    !!!! [​IMG] LET'S ROCK [​IMG]!!!!

------------------

8. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You know, I just realized that we just went through a combat round, and everybody (including myself and the villains) totally ignored Morphous and his character. I guess when it's been so long, we all forget about him. Anyway, Morphous, either post a message by Wednesday, or we may have to vote you off the game.

------------------

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

[GNZ enters the room wearing a black hooded robe, hunched over and using a wooden cane]
    GNZ: Well, well, well, it seems to be Wednesday, and no sign of Morphous. It would seem to be time for us to take a vote. All who vote for Morphous-chan's removal from the DBZ RPG due to absenteeism, please stand on the left and state your reply. All who oppose the movement, stand on the right and state your reply. The RPG will resume normal functioning after voting is complete.

[Zanshi steps to the left of the room]

GNZ: I vote for MC's removal from the Game. His infrequent posting has caused much slow-down and has insulted the GameMaster, his fellow players, and the Game itself, if not the entire Forum.

[Zanshi strokes his moustache and ponders if he is being too harsh, then waits for the remaining votes]

10. That guy!

It seems that Morphous has come back in...although the post was kinda useless(want me to change it GNZ?)

I still say he should stay in, although if 'Mishous' doesn't show up for a while..I will step to the other side. But if you feel that he should be 'eliminated' than go ahead...you are the game master.

[That guy! steps to the right side of the room]

11. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

'Tis good. Mayhap Jo-E will just enter what I call "Zombie Mode [​IMG]" when he doesn't post for a while?
    Zombie Mode [​IMG] = GM control, where the PC in question just "goes with the flow" and "follows the lead" of the other PCs, doing what they do, no more. 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.

------------------
    GNZ, Poet of Tragedy

12. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Alrighty, Heero, you wanted to know why the game wasn't moving along as smoothly as it was in the past, let me give you the official breakdown of the situation ...

#1. We've got the undecided issue of Morphous-chan's fate. Only That Guy! and myself seem to have taken a stand, and even then on opposite sides.
    Sorry Morphous, but you need to make a committment to the organization if you want to stay on board.

#2 (and the BIG reason here). People just AREN'T POSTING ANY MORE!!!!!!!! I know as the Game Master it's my job to carry the story on my mighty back, but I can only take it so far. I need you, my players, no, my friends, to help me out by telling me what it is that your characters are doing. I can't be carrying the story, the GM characters, and your characters at the same time. My name is GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, not Atlas, for crying out loud. Besides, if I just posted messages whenever nobody else did, this game would be more like me telling a story than you enacting one.

I hope this helps.
    We now return to your regularly scheduled role-playing (I hope ...).

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

13. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Is Morphous back yet ??
    And if not , u take over for him Zanshi

14. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

It pains me to say it, my friends, but I cannot guarantee regular posting hereabouts until the month is over. I've got 2 books to read for one class, a play due for another (directing being more of an obstacle than I had anticipated), plus constant equations that I must attend to, and also reading up on various religions and social issues.
    I apologize if I sound whiny, but what's a guy to do? I do what I can, what about you?

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

15. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Alrighty then, most honourable players. Your GM, that being myself, has begun scripting the next episode of our little game. With the written component of my drama work out of the way now, my load has lessened for the time being, and I'll be writing episode II in my spare time. Give me until next Sunday, at the latest.

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

16. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

We're back online with DBZ RPG Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
    I apologize for the longwindedness of those first two posts there, but this act takes some time for me to properly build up. It's more plot than action for a few posts, but we'll some of the best fights in the whole saga in a short while. Just bear with me, aight?

As a note to any players looking to join the game, I have two openings coming up shortly, just e-mail me at darklordofthepants@hotmail.com with your name, species, height, etc. I need your background, and a power level between 1 and 660. A special technique as well.

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

17. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I'm thinking of making a website to put up info about the RPG, and maybe some character pics, if you could either find or draw me some and send 'em to me.
    If I made the site, would you go to it and seek info, or not?
    I just don't want to waste my time.

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

18. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

sure SuperNova, and I'll draw me a pic [​IMG]

19. That guy!

If I had time, I'd draw a pic...although I think I'll look for a Pic to use. Maybe of Nail or teen Dende or something.

20. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Just e-mail me the pics, and I'll let y'all know when I start the site.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.