Television Deadwood

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kain, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Thank God this is on tonight. I'm really starting to get into this cause it's really starting to get good.
    For anyone who hasn't seen this yet it's a story set back in the old west in a camp called Deadwood where their is no laws, because the camp is not part of any state or country. People go there to prospect for gold and to make their fortune. And as you might expect it attracts greedy and evil people who will stop at nothing to get what they want. Their are also a couple of good people who will do what they can to make things in the camp liveable.
    As i've said this is really starting to get good, i've never really been a fan of anything western but this is something thats really started to spark my interest in the genre. I love the way that the sets are made, they look really well set up. I also like the many different ethnic groups that are in the show, like american, native american, french and even irish. It seems to dive deep into what the old west was really about and i think that it manages to pull it off well, and the stories seem to be really well thought out. I think this could be another winner for HBO.
    So... has anybody else had a look at this show? What do you's think?
    (and please warn us if your going to put in spoiler cause i really don't want to see this spoiled).