Debate Define: American Culture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phalanx, May 21, 2004.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

deep down, i wish i was...
    look at the way our founding fathers behaved...we're decended from paranoid a***oles...

"leik, omg, i think u'r a witch cause i don't like you and every1 will believe me and then u dies cause they'll think u'r after them"
    let's see, they left england cause they thought people were after them (religous persecution (as in, people might view them differntly in society), debt, and whenever else people run away from).
    we're all oh-so-protective of our guns cause someone might come after us, and take them away, so we gotta be ready to shoot first and make up a story of self-defence later.
    civil war, people were paranoid that they'd have to do things for themselves if their slaves were taken away. also paranoid of what former slaves would then DO to former slave masters.
    let's see, we took the indians land cause we thought they'd kill us if we didn't.(but only because we were backstabbing morons to begin with and doubled back on any and all deals which would be enough to piss a few people off to the point of doing damage. i know i'd be mad)

and i know i'm missing some chunks, but i really don't care about american history, we're in a constant loop of stupidity anyways and nothing seems to be shifting it...

(and ok, it's not 100% accurate..or anywhere near. i revoke my statement. but it still makes you think of how stupid we all are. hell, look at me. i just agreed with a falsified cartoon XD )

1 person likes this.
  3. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Why trust Moore (or anyone well known) for that matter? Can't people think critically anymore or do they just spurn what they don't like without so much as a thought to the validity of it? Sheesh.

Anyways, if some of you people would like to run on with this stuff there is a way to start a seperate thread so you can dig your coal elsewhere.

Back to culture. I was thinking today along the lines of automobiles and racing; but the first (if unsucessful) automobile came from Germany and the first race was held in France. So....there goes that.