RPG Archives Deity: CH - Deity: Celestial Hymn - The Beginning

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sebastien, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Deity: Celestial Hymn - The Beginning

Storyline

Ledia lived in a land of nothing above, and water below. She floated, flew, swam and walked, as she always had, since time immemorial. Ledia knew secrets that no one else did, secrets unknown to even herself.

As Ledia walked, she began to grow sad. She was lonely, and she had none to help her in this. She began to cry, and from her tears, a shape formed beside her.

'Oh, how I would love to have a companion that could make jokes with me, and play pranks, and brighten up the day!'
    From Ledia's thoughts, the form of water was defined, and thus sprung forth the Deity of Mischief, and he was called Lowain.

Ledia spoke to Lowain. 'You shall be called Lowain, and all will know you for your trickery and spirit.'

For a millenia, all was well. As time passed, Ledia noticed that Lowain was growing tired. 'It is saddening to see you swim always in the ocean. I will create places where you can run, hide, frolic and play. This phenomenon will be called Nature.' said Ledia

And as Ledia spoke these words, earth rose from the depths of the ocean of water. The earth began to form into spheres, which Ledia froze for all eternity.

Ledia: 'These are another plane of existence for you and I, friend Lowain. They are a small plane of existence. Let us call them planets.'
    In this manner, were the planets and their oceans created.

And so, Lowain said: 'Surely you cannot govern these always. Create me a companion that might have dominion over things that grow upon the earth that you have created.'

And thus was Aminith created. And when Aminith awoke, she said: 'I do not wish to control all surrounding the planets. Give me but one planet, and I will create upon it places of such beauty. It will be my “World”.'

‘And I will run and frolic on this planet that Aminith chooses.' said Lowain.

Aminith created forests, hills, grass, trees and plants.

Ledia said: 'Finally, it is done. I can take a rest.'

Lowain said: 'Who am I to trick? What can I do? Give me companions, so that I might do what I was created to do.'

And Ledia said: 'Yes. I will give you companions. First, I will give you a companion of Passion. Passion will ensure that there will be love for you, although you trick and cause Mischief.'

Passion came forth from Ledia's lips.

And Lowain said: 'Passion needs to be controlled. For if ever it got loose, it would create chaos.'

Ledia said: 'I will give another of your companions dominion over Passion. They must be a free spirit, so that Passion will be given freely. But they must also know the boundaries.'

As she spoke these words, another presence appeared. As Ledia created more deities, it began to become easier to create them. Her powers had grown.

Ledia: 'I will call thee Klavino. Trust your heart to passion.'

Klavino, Aminith, Lowain and Ledia were happy for some time. But Aminith soon approached Ledia. 'O Ledia. It is always light upon the world, and the plants are always growing! We need balance!'

'Yes, this vast place needs balance. It will not always be happy any longer. Sometimes, what you create will be destroyed.'

When Ledia said this, the vastness that existed before all else began to hum. It was a sweet sound, but it soon turned harsh to the ears of all that heard it. Riding the waves of this sound was the Deity of Destruction: Clypero.

And Clypero said:
    'Hello, Ledia and all that she has created. I will bring darkness where there is light. I will bring destruction to creation wherever it is.'

Ledia: 'No! You musn't! We must create a balance between light and dark, creation and destruction.'

Clypero laughed again. 'You will have your balance then, for I will be unrelenting like the tides! You must always be vigilant.'

Ledia did not despair, because she understood that she had called Clypero to this Universe, and he was not her equal.

'I did not create this place to fight. I will create a champion to face you.'

And Ledia began to describe her champion. It was difficult for Ledia to create her champion, for Clypero’s strength drew on her own, weakening the Goddess.

Ledia: 'He will have strength, and honour. He will have no wish to destroy, but instead will create order and peace.'

From Ledia's heart came forth her champion. And he was Thundin, Deity of Justice.

Immediately, upon seeing Clypero, Thundin drew his sword.

And Clypero was driven off, to the farthest recesses of the universe, for a time. Thundin returned, and Ledia thanked him.

Lowain said:'If only we could combine Nature like the plants, to make something grow, with the love of Passion!'

'Such a creation would be mighty indeed!'

Ledia considered this, and then she drew Lowain close and whispered in his ears. 'There is a way that they can unite in such a manner. Teach them this way. You know of it. And then, use your cunning to make them do so.'

And so, Lowain came to Aminith.

'Fair Aminith, ' said Lowain.

'Yes?' said Aminith.

'What is your opinion of Klavino?'

'Klavino seems terribly nice, and gives me such looks.'

After a time, Aminith was forced to consider Klavino. Lowain's words seemed truer every time Aminith gave him a glance. And finally, Aminith and Klavino achieved their union. As soon as they reached the high point of their union, Ledia appeared.

'You've done well,' she told Lowain. And then, with every fiber of her being, she planted seeds in the belly of Aminith and the seeds matured, humans were created. Clypero sensed this new creation. Riding the waves of the great ocean, he returned to their world.

'I will create an obstacle for your creation.'

Straining, out of his hand came forth a new Deity. It took much of Clypero’s strength, and all knew that Clypero would never again have the strength needed to create a deity. It was a dark deity. The deity of the underworld, Immerschlaff. This deity made his nest beneath the surface of their world, deep down below, in the cold.

With the return of Clypero came a new phenomena; Night and Day. Every day, Justice chased Clypero around the world. Thundin shone with a light from within. And where he passed, there was light. But, when Clypero returned, so did the darkness. Thundin grew tired of chasing Clypero, and slowed his pursuit. And so, Night and Day lengthened, until each was 12 hours long.

For years, humans lived with the hardships and pleasures of their land. They multiplied and were fruitful. At first, they knew very little. But, Ledia's creation had been given insatiable curiosity.

One day, Clypero stopped on his journey around the earth. This caused the night and day to stand still, as it became a natural phenomenon after a certain amount of time. Clypero came to Lowain and asked if he wouldn't like to play another trick on all the creations.

Lowain, being a trickster, eagerly agreed.

Clypero told Lowain that he must take him to the center of the earth, and that he would take things from there.

Lowain led Clypero through the paths unseen that he had created for his tricks, and they soon reached the center of the earth. Lowain returned to the surface, and there he met Ledia. Ledia looked into Lowain's face, and saw darkness there.

'Lowain! Have you been with Clypero of Destruction?'
    'Why yes, Creator, we are playing a trick.'
    'Lowain! Where is Clypero?'
    'He is in the center of the earth, where I left him.'

Ledia could not be angry at Lowain, for his tricking nature was of her own creation. Ledia rushed to the center of the earth, and there she found Clypero. Clypero was trying to destroy the center, the linchpin that held all of creation together.

'Clypero! You shall not destroy this creation!'

Ledia tried to stop Clypero, but he had grown powerful in the years of peace, and she had grown lax. Ledia was thrown to the ground, and there she made her decision. Light emanated from deep within Ledia's body. Light stronger than Thundin's, stronger than the nothing. The Light was too much for Clypero, and he fell to his knees.

Ledia's body disappeared in the light, and the light spread out to surround the world.

When the light dissipated from the center of the earth, Clypero could no longer find the secret paths that he had used to arrive there. Clypero was sealed within the center of the earth. Ledia's body had been destroyed, and since her body was not of her own creation, it could not be created again.

Instead of disappearing, Ledia saw, in her wisdom, another path. Gathering her strength into her middle, she formed a ball reminiscent of her planets. And then, her essence rose high above the world. Ledia became a sphere full of radiant warm light, which looked over the planet, and provided the humans with heat.

Credits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.