Densetsu no Hitokiri Himura Battousai

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Hitokiri_Battou, Feb 18, 2003.

?

who would have made a better Hitokiri?

1. Himura Kenshin

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Soujirou

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Saitou Hajime

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Okita Soushi

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Kamatari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fuji

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Harada Sanosuke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sagara Sanosuke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Hijikata

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Kawakami Gensai ^^;;; this is kind of a joke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hitokiri_Battou

Hitokiri_Battou New Member

who do you think would have made a better Hitokiri during the bakumatsu? i personally think Soujirou had he been around would have made an excellent HItokiri

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

A BETTER Hitokiri? I think the whole balance of Kenshin character and emotion made the Battousi what he was, and it's tough to find a character who could really hope to fill his shoes, or surpass them, for that matter.

I agree that Soujiro would be a likely candidate. He had shukuchi on his side, as well as unreadable emotions. But it would take a very different turn of events to mold him.

Saitoh wouldn't fit too well, as his ideals would interfere with what the Hitokiri stood for. I can't see him as anything but Shinsengumi - and the Hitokiri was a Ishin Shishi wildcard.

Okita would be interesting, but his health wouldn't be up to such activity.

Kamatari...hehe, tempting me on this one. No, no, no. This guy just doesn't have the bearing to not get killed were he in Himura's place.

Fuji. Interesting suggestion. He likely would have made a very different Battousai. The Ishins likely would have won just with brute force.

Sano's fighting preferences and styles in the Edo period would have, as Saitoh tells him, gotten him killed.

Kawakami Gensai, Kenshin's real-life counterpart. Since he has human limits, and not anime ones, he can't match Kenshin's speed, endurance, or even jump as high...plus, I bet he never had the power or "Oro"...hehe.

3. Hitokiri_Battou

Hitokiri_Battou New Member

ah yes the power of ORO ^^ anyway u forgot Harada Sanosuke and remember Saitou did share the views of kill evil istantly aku soku zan

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I think that Saitoh would have made the most intimidating Hitokiri because he follows the philosophy of Aku Soku Zan. But, really none of them could have been better than Himura Kenshin was because since he was young, Kenshin wanted to go out to protect people.. even if it meant killing. And his training in the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu made him very worthy of the title...

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hey! i started this post a while back and my account froze so heres my new account ^^ anyway saitou would definitly have made a worthy hitokiri but still he had drastically different views. actually i believe that the Bakufu may have had assassins similar to the Hitokiri of the Ishin Shishi. btw Hito=man kiri=cut or slash Battou=draw as in sword draw sai= eh help anyone? ^^;;; but at any rate Hitokiri Battousai means Sword Drawing Man Slayer

6. Battousai

Battousai New Member

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

in a way Saitou was a Hitokiri..within the Shinsengumi he did many of internal assassinations