Anime Detective Academy Q

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sebastien, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Tantei Gakuen Q

Tantei Gakuen Q is also known as Detective Academy Q. Has anybody heard of it? I watched episodes 1 to 8 so far, but I'm not sure if I want to get episode 9. It's a bit strange, so to speak.

Your thoughts?

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

well.. you know this post was coming. I love the theme song by Hayami Kishimoto. The only anime I watch the intro all the way through tbh at the moment. I just think Kyuu is a genius. and it bloody took forever for them to understand what Q meant. duh. ;) This anime is very witty and intelligent. It's waaaay better then Spiral. Animation, story and character wise as well!

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Hey guys!!!

I only watched the first episode of "Detective Academy Q", and I'm already hooked into it!

It's about a junior-high student who is amazing at making deductions (a-la Sherlock Holmes).

Here's the first chapter:

The kid was watching a detective TV show, when his mom turned off the TV and told him to do his homework while she'd buy some goods at the quick-e-mart. But the boy had already solved the TV mystery, so he didn't need to watch the TV anymore. He offered himself to buy his mom the goods.

As he was walking to the store, he stumbled upon a man who just came out from the bank. The man dropped tons of bills onto the floor, and the kid took them and gave them back.

But a 10,000 yen bill was missing. So the man called the police and told them the boy had stolen the bill.

Suddenly, a girl (about the same age than the boy) mentioned the exact quantity that was dropped to the floor. The policeman counted the bills, and it was the same.

So where was the missing bill? The boy grabbed the old man's umbrella, and opened it. Then the missing bill floated down to the ground. The boy said: Since there were N bills on the ground, the missing bill had to be left somewhere between the man's wallet and the ground. And the only place was the man's umbrella.

Everybody applauded the boys, and the man invited them some ice creams.

After they left, the girl told the boy she had photographic memory. That's why she managed to count the bills so fast.

(Wait, it gets better).

Later, they walk away from the store (it was getting late) and they see this shadow on the top of a crane (on a tall construction), waving a flashlight. Then he jumped. They ran towards the scene, and lying on the floor was the same man that had invited them some icecreams.

They called the police. When the police and a detective arrived, there were two workers, some young fella, an engineer, a woman who happened to be there at the wrong time, and the kids.

Why would he commit suicide? The kid said that the man told him he would buy a ticket to see his daughter.
    So it was either an accident, or murder.

After some investigation, the kid (who i don't know how he managed to sneak into the crime scene, said it was murder.
    And one of the people present, was the murderer.
    :eek:

But he needed proof.

OK, for those who want to keep reading, the next will be in spoiler format.

The boy kept searching on the ground for some proof of his statements... when he found out that the detective had already gone.

Then the kid found something sparkling on the floor.
    "there it is! The proof that i've been looking for!"

But someone had turned on a firehose, and washed the evidence away.
    The murderer.

The kid challenged the guy who was hiding in the shadows to confess his crime.

It was the engineer. When he was jotting down, the kid noticed he was blinking with an eye. And the evidence that was left, was his contact lens. The kid had managed to save it on time.

Then the man threatened the kid with a knife, but the young fella was able to fight the man - he was 10th Dan in different martial arts - the murderer ran away, but the young woman (who was a suspect too) appeared and managed to get him on the floor.

She was working with the detective. She was member of the DDS - the Detective Academy. She thanked the kids for their help in solving the mystery. And she gaved the three youngsters (the martial artist, the boy and the girl) papers so they could present the test for joining the Detective Academy!

Yay!

So the kid returned home all jolly because he had solved the crime, when he remembered that he had forgotten to buy his mom the goods they needed for dinner. :D

His mom was terribly angry at him - after all, he came back VERY LATE. And she was hungry. :p

But to cheer her up, he told her that he would join the DDS detective Academy!

END. :cool:

So, what do you think guys? Interesting, isn't it? :anime:

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

It's also called Tantei Gakuen Q. There are currently 21 episodes subbed by ide & LE, and 17 by Soldats.

It's a pretty good anime, though the fansubs have been so slow that I gradually lost interest. It was subbed until episode 14 last year in July, right now it's at 21. I hope other fansubbers pick up the project eventually, cause there's much more episodes.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

6. Ranma addict

Ranma addict New Member

This is one of the BEST animes I have ever seen in my life!
    I expect EVERY SINGLE EPISODE!!!
    I've already seen like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 episodes!
    Maybe even more because I lost count!

7. luvweaver

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have been watching this anime. But now I am stuck at episode 25 anyone else at that fate? Both ide&L-E and Soldats are currentily working on more or going to. It has been bugging me a little bit. I know people have lives but the last time they did anything was in Janurary. Maybe I just want to find out what happens in episode 26 but I hate it. I could buy the bootlag but it would cost $50 bucks. And I put myself on a budget. Darn it all. Maybe I should anyway. Anyone who has summaries or know where they are can send them my way.

9. luvweaver

I read the soldats forum. The guy who was doing the subbing apparently slacked off, but he said he's gonna start working on it again.

And don't worry about summaries, i got to the page with them and they were REALLY short. Anyway picture it like this. What use is knowing that Anakin becomes Darth Vader if you don't know what happened before?

10. Basher

Actually I think summaries and spoilers make things better. It makes me want to watch it more. I just have a different view on things.

I did go off my budget and buy a whole seasons of Inuyasha. Oops. heh. It was either ide or Live-Evil said they are working on an episode. One of them didn't have internet connection. But they are 1 episode behind soldats.

11. Basher

BUMP

I have watched all the anime. I really want to get to know the idea behind Pluto more.

So...

There is a live action movie to watch (which I bought) and....

Now a series. I think 12 episodes. Its based from the characters in the Anime. I like it. The LA series is awesome. It does differ from the anime.

I have been even checking out the manga.