Video Games Deus Ex 2: poo?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MamiyaOtaru, Nov 22, 2003.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Deus Ex 2: poo

Deus Ex was/is my favourite game ever and I was looking forward to DX2 so much.. it was really the only game I've looked forward to since I realized that half Life 2 was a pile of scripted junk.

Well, the DX2 demo is out, and they lost a sale, until I am convinced by people I trust that the game itself is better. Doubt that will happen..

If I get around to it I'll post a more detailed rant sometime..

2. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

I like the first Deux Ex, and despite how huffy people got about the graphics, I still loved it. I haven't played the demo, but it's sad that it doesn't seem to be living up to the first game -_-.

3. cosmos

cosmos New Member

The game is fine, the demo just needs a little tweaking, thats all. The sheer amount of ways you can approach the problem in the demo is very impressive. It bodes very well for the full game.

4. MamiyaOtaru

I am slowly warming up to it. It is obvious it's been significantly dumbed down, but might still be fun. And it actually gets a decent framerate under Windows S. 2003. (I had been playing it under win98se and it was teh slow)

The demo was released with a lot of Xbox settings. In the .ini files you can find stuff like
    ; this setting is ideal for the PC version
    ; 68

with 64 being the xbox setting and activated by default. Stuff like the UI's position on screen, mouse lag (wtf) moving too fast etc are all because of xBox settings. Dunno who put them in the demo, but they can be fixed.

There are also fun little errors, like the misspelled words. I've found two so far, can anyone beat me?

5. MamiyaOtaru