Anime Devil May Cry

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

My newest obession.

The first episode is awesome. It gives that same impact that Black Blood Brothers did. Hard hitting action right off the bat. It is starting to feel the void that BBB left after it's way to short anime run.

You need to really watch to understand what is going on at first. A nice fight scene with the main character who has an obession for strawberry sundae and pizza.

BTW, this is a little more graphic.

Storyline: Devil May Cry follows the adventures of the demon hunter Dante who himself is half demon and half human. Dante is hired through his own business named "Devil May Cry". The characters are based off of the popular capcom playstation 2 games. From ANN

Though I have never played the Game myself. It makes me want to play it. Just to see how it is.

There are 3 episodes thus far.

After the first episode the storyline starts to develop a lot more. The second episode has motorcyle racing.

You also get a more understanding on the personality of Dante. He is rather interesting character. Despite the fact that he is completily hard core he also has the habit of being easily fooled. People who know him can get him to do things he normaly wouldn't. He is also in dept. Heh. But he manages.

There are also quite a few interesting Demon Hunters.

It is already licensed by ADV studios. Not surprising.

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've managed to see the first episode of this, but have not been able to get the second or third one.

I thought that it was cool that there are a few moves from the game in the anime, the one that sticks out in my mind from the first episode is knocking a demon into the air and then shooting it without the demon touching the ground again.

Going to try and get my hands on the rest, as this looks like a quality anime.

3. Basher

4th episode released have yet to watch it.

The 3rd episode showed a side of Dante that I would have never guessed.

Never played the game but is there any other cool moves I should be looking out for?

After the first episode the storyline actually gets played which makes this action packed series even better.

But you should all know me by now anything with action, death, and blood is a good choice.

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

This anime is very interesting, I never heard about it until yesterday. I was able to see 4 episodes, and it was pretty awesome.

I may have not played a lot of the game, mostly I saw my brother playing it, but both are amazing. I think I'll go and play it if it is still alive!!

5. Basher

I so want to play the game now...hmm little bro I will bower you my Wii if you buy this game for your PS2. Hehe

Anway Episode 5 was different. I liked how it followed that odd guy around. It shows us that what people see when they see Dante. It is actually an odd job he has...

But what is he exactly? Does the game say?

6. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I don't know, but didn't Dante already say in episode 3 (or somewhere close, I don't remember) that he was half demon?

Aren't all demon hunters are half demons and half something else (like humans)? :p
    (Hellsing: Alucard; Blade; etc)

7. Basher

I wish they would explain more. I think he just said close or half. But that isn't everything.

It seams like they all are half Zanza. Well a good portion. They couldn't fight fight otherwise.

So did she live? It looked like she did die. Not just the demon. But then that guy was coming home and she was alive not the demon. Maybe she thought she was going to.

Thus far the story is about action and pizza and strawberry sundae. :D

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

It's here I'd go " play the game ". But I like how they have adapted Dantes style and way to "live life".

Overall, somewhat off the track with the game, but still, it's a good **** :)