Square Enix Dirge Of Cerebus

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mangamonkey, Sep 20, 2004.

1. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

well its called "Final fantasy : dirge of the cerberus"

And the main character is vincent (somebody shut that fangirl up)

seriously people the news has been around for a few days now but me mr slowy started this thread? - wakey wakey peeps

Picture the first
    and
    Picture the second

Japanese release in 2005 for ps2

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Vincent reminds me of Dante of Devil may cry... Maybe I'm just seeing things :p

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

aye, tis supposed to take place about 7 or so years after advent children...i honestly can't remember much more than that. first i saw a thread about this somewhere, i honestly was hoping they changed their minds about graphically redoing 7...oh well. should be neat. i mean, fiance and i are ff *****s, so we'll get it XD

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Once again Squaresoft makes Baby Jesus cry. I wish they'd just leave the game well enough alone. I don't know about anyone else but I was fine with the ending the way it was. I didn't mind that it was on the vague side, it seemed to fit if you ask me.

5. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

I agree totally with neph - but i'm a fanboy so i will be getting this game

Also 7 years sounds silly - i heard 1 but then other then to start this post i havent looked much

6. Dante

Dante New Member

I for the most part agree... I thought Advent Children was a decent idea at first, and at the same time thought they should give it up...

Until I realized two of my three favorite characters (Reno and Zack, the third being Elena) are, in fact, in AC (and Reno seems to play a pretty big part, and I would guess alongside Cloud and company as it would seem), I yet again became Square-Enix's *****.

However this "Dirge of Cerberus" and whatever they're call the Turks one, I forget, is just getting annoying. >:

Plus, Vincent doesn't come off as the daring hero type. Not that he doesn't give a **** about anyone, but... I'm sure he'd much rather just keep to himself, y'know? I know he joined with Cloud and co. because they bugged him, and he had a vendetta with Hojo and Sephiroth.. but what's his tie to this one?

Maybe when the hype dies down I'll check it out or something... but there's much better things I'd rather spend my money on. (Mmm... Devil May Cry 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Resident Evil 4...)

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Heh, i only heard rad about this yesterday and then about 2 hours my friend (who's a big FF7 fan), comes running up to me saying that he's gotten a txt saying that theirs going to be a new FF7 game.

To tell the truth i don't think i'm really bothered about this. Square-Enix seems to be another company who's decided to milk a good thing for every drop it has.

8. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Assuming there's no other thread on this...

This game is a First Person Shooter staring Vincent from Final Fantasy VII, and it's set 2 years after VII, and I think 1 year after Advent Children.

I'd like to give me more info, but Ihavetogowoosh!

9. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I found a trailer
    I think vincent look like the main character in Devil May Cry.

10. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I think Vincent rules. You know what I'm buying. I should probably see if this (slow) computer can play the trailer.

Oh, and I've seen some screenshots about the game. This website has some info about the game www.adventchildren.net

One of those screenshots had Cait Sith! Yay!

11. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Interesting. It looks ok, but i may wait till i get more info before i i make up my mind about buying it, and thats if it ever comes out here.

It's kinda funny that the whole trailer was ripped off by somebody using a video camera to film the trailer.

12. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Now I have seen the trailer. Barely got this thing of a computer to even almost play it ok. The thing that I saw was good. I'm probably gonna get the game. If it doesn't come to finland, then I'll order the bloody thing from amazon.com

13. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I like the look of the game and graphics. I never really thought a Final Fantasy game would be a FPS instead of an RPG. By the way, yes, I do think that Vincent resembles Dante in some way shape or form.

KaiyonTormentor

14. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Yeah there was already a thread about this i set one up about three days after the initial press release - if anyone can be bothered i had links to scans of a magazine that did a feature on it

Also isnt AC set 2 years after the game - and the trailer says three something - so i assume its three years after the game but still as you say one year after the movie

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

FPS? With Vincent? Yes! Although there could be pssibilities that this First Person could become a Third Person (for some reason).

16. kio

kio New Member

first person third person what about second person? :bleed: